Chapter 49 - Can't Handle It Anymore

Logan Nielsen

"Are you ready to be King?" My father asked and I nodded.

"I'm ready." I answered and my father looked at me smiling.

"I'm so proud of you, Logan."

"Thankyou."

"So how's the wedding preparation?" He asked.

"Good." I said without any expression.

"Do you love Linnea?" He asked and I sighed.

"We both don't love each other." I said honestly and he nodded.

"I can see that."

"And you still want us to get married?"

"Love can grow." He said and I looked at him disbelief.

"Do you have anything else to say, father?"

"We will have your coronation first and it will be in a month." He stated and my eyes widen.

"But.. I thought we're going to do it when I turn 25."

"We all change our minds. You're ready to be King so why not?" I ran my hand through my hair looking at him completely dumbstruck.

"Why? You still want to give up the throne."

"If I can, I will.. for sure." I said and he laughed.

"Amanda is already engaged to Kyle Denver, Logan. You're stupid if you still want to give up the throne for her." He's right. Amanda got engaged 2 weeks ago, a day before my engagement party. It broke me but somehow my heart still believes that she belongs to me.

"Father.. don't you want me to be happy?" I asked and his face changed.

"Of course, I want you to be happy. That's a stupid question, Logan."

"Then why don't you let me be with Mandy?" I asked and my father sighed.

"She's a woman full of ambition like her father. If she's with you, she will go around the world and won't stay right by your side to rule. Estelle is not a small company, Logan. It's one of the top companies in England and there's no way she will stay in the palace because she will go around the world expanding the business."

"But I won't mind." I said honestly and my father shook his head.

"It's a different story if you're a princess, Logan. But you're the future King, we all want someone to stay by your side all the time. Please don't argue with me about Amanda again, Logan. It won't.. work."

"I love her, father. I can't see myself living without her." Tears started to fill my eyes because my heart had been aching and longing for her.

"I understand that you're hurt but you will move on as the time goes by."

"I can't and I won't."

"Logan.. please."

"I'm sorry to say this but.. you won't have any heir from me, father. Me and Linnea are not capable to be in that relationship. We might married to each other but we won't be able to have kids. You will see us having a lot of affairs in the future."

"Logan!" He bursted as he smacked the table in front of him.

"That's the truth and I want you to prepare your heart from now on." I said as I stood up from my seat.

"We both deserve our own happiness but.. you're the one who stop us from it. One day, you will regret for ruining my life, father." I added and I turned my body around to walk towards the door.

"I always listen to you, father. Why can you listen to me once? I only want Mandy, that's it." I added as I held the door knob.

"I always look up to you eversince I was little but now.. I'm disappointed." I said and then I walked out from his study room. I walked towards my room and cried my heart out.

I miss Mandy. I miss her a lot that it made me hard to breath just by thinking about it.

I took out my phone from my pocket and dialed Mandy's new phone number. I closed my eyes listening to the connecting sound.

"Hello." My heart stopped for a second and my lips froze.

"Logan.. I know it's you."

"Hey.. Mandy." I found my voice as I tried not to cry.

"You okay?"

"I mis- My coronation is in a.. month."

"Oh.. Congratulations, Logan. You'll be a great King." She answered in the same tone as mine.

"You promised.. you swore that you'll come to my coronation."

"Logan.. I.."

"Please.." I begged.

"I'm sorry, I can't."

"Why?"

"I can't, I'm sorry.." She apologized again and that made my legs weak.

"You swore, Mandy!" I bursted angrily but ended up hating myself for bursting at her.

"I did.. I know that but I can't."

"I hate you." I said in a small tone.

"Logan.."

"You left me, you threw me away, you broke our promises.. I hate you, Mandy." I said as tears fell down from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Logan." Her voice cracked and I pressed the red button. I threw the phone to the wall completely angry. I wiped my tears and planned to walk out from the room. I opened the door and found my father standing in front of my door room.

"Logan."

"I need time to be alone, father." I said as I walked pass him. I walked out from the palace towards the horse barn. I took out my horse and got on him. We walked around the field with me crying my heart out.

I'm tired of this shit.

I can't handle it anymore.

"Logan!" I heard someone calling me but I ignored whoever that is. My mind wasn't on the right place that I speed up until I fell down from my horse.

After that.. everything went black.