LETTER II

*JENNIE*

A week had passed and I received another letter from none other than, Soldier Lisa Manoban

To my beautiful wife,

Hello my Chaeyoungie! Have you eaten already? What food did you eat? Truth be told, I am really eager to eat together with you. You don't know how much I hate the army food here. It was so bland, that even salt is lacking from the taste of it. I miss your cooked foods, especially the gamjatang! Our first week of training consists of running, push ups, and weight lifts. You'll be surprised that the woman of your life is already all muscly, kidding aside. Being isolated to the society is really sad, but being away from you was devastating and heartbreaking. I don't have enough much time to write a letter for you, but I managed to do it... secretly. The higher rank officers here are so strict! Wait for me my Chaeyoungie. I will love you always.

Your Cutie Wife,

Lisa

I felt a large guilt lingering within me as I read Lisa's letter to her wife. I know I don't have the right to read this. I wanted to write her a letter to tell her that there's no Chaeyoungie living here, but only Jennie Kim. but how? I don't have the slightest idea since the mailman wouldn't give me a chance to talk to him for a few minutes, he would strut away from me as fast as he can. Within the paper, I can feel Lisa's loneliness, but she's trying her best to be strong for her wife. I, myself is lonely too. But reading her letters make me feel that I am not alone.