STILL NOT OVER FOR YOU

*LISA*

For me, it was never been easy.

I found and met Chaeyoung again only to know that she's not my wife anymore, and to realize she's not the same woman I used to love so deeply, she turned into someone I could barely recognize. Her love and affection towards me suddenly became strange and foreign, it was utterly unpredictable, Chaeyoung herself was so unpredictable. My knees started getting weak, I felt my own skin getting numb because of the prickling coldness that surrounds the atmosphere, but I didn't care, all that I could think about is for my wife to say that all of these was just a joke, and that her love for me never changed, that I'm still the person that she's been waiting for.

I was wrong, completely wrong.

How can a simple mistake turn into something that could hurt the both of us and eventually, tearing us apart.
Now I despised myself for doing such a dumb and stupid decision.

"Begging won't help Lisa. For a long time, I've already gotten over it. Everything, my feelings, my relationship, and you." Chaeyoung said, I balled my hands into a fist as I hardly gritted my teeth. Something inside me just broke, and it hurts me emotionally as much as physically.

"Won't your feelings be back again to the right person?" I faintly asked.

"It's already at the right person Lisa."
My eyes began to tear up for the nth time. I didn't speak anymore nor asked a question, too afraid how it'll hurt me more to hear her answers.
Even though it was difficult for me to lift myself off from the sand, I did, even if I was trembling. I supported my knees with my hands as I stand up, wiping the residue of my tears within my cheeks. "Before I leave, can I atleast have a hug?" I asked.
Looking at Chaeyoung, she was much very hesitant to do it but nodded anyway. And so I did, I propelled myself over her and wrap my arms around her body, squeezing it and pouring everything I felt for Chaeyoung, because I'm sure this will be the last time I could do this. We stayed glued with each other for a while and I initiated to finally break from the embrace.
Sniffing, I said, "I guess this is a goodbye?" I bit my bottom lip and raised my eyebrows. Chaeyoung kept herself mum, for a moment I was having a slight piece of hope with her silence.

I scoffed.

Why am I even getting my hopes high? It's already done, I just had to accept it and move on. With that, I turn myself around to leave and drive away from here. "Take care of yourself.." it was almost a whisper, but I heard it clearly. She still cared about me. Chaeyoung will always do. For the last time, I turned around and faintly plastered a smile on my face, "Chaeyoung, you will always be my best friend no matter what." With that, I swiftly made my way on the vehicle.

*JENNIE*

"Me and Chaeyoung is actually.. together.. she's my girlfriend." Jisoo muttered, her finger kept on fidgeting the table cloth.

"Why you didn't tell me Jisoo?" If only I realized it earlier, I should've atleast prepared Lisa about what's gonna happen if she met Chaeyoung, but it already turned into despair. Back then at the seashore, I've witness how Lisa fall apart in front of Chaeyoung and how much it hurts me to see her like that.

"I thought you already noticed it. Turns out you're oblivious as fuck." Jisoo replied.

"But-- I've been planning to tell you this Jennie." Jisoo paused for a while as she sucked in for a breath.

"I'm going to propose to Chaeyoung." She smiled. I couldn't. Hearing this pains me, what more if Lisa will know about this?

"Shoot. I hope that proposal will go well." Mino intervened. His arms snaking around my waist and I've never been irritated just as how he made me feel that.