PLEASE DON'T BE INLOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE

*LISA*

Reaching for my wristwatch on the bedside table, I glance at the time. it was 5 in the morning, and all I ever need is a cup of warm coffee on my tongue. Groaning, I get off from the bed. When I stared outside the window, the weather looked cold because of the mist in the air. Walking through the kitchen to prepare something to warm myself, a figure of a woman is seen sitting on the porch. I wasn't expecting Jennie to be this early.

"Coffee?" I offered her the other mug on my hand. Smiling, she gladly took the mug on my hand.

"you're quite early today aren't you?" Jennie positioned her knees close to her chest, hugging it with her left arm while the other is occupied by the mug.

"I'm an early bird, and a soldier must always be early." I sat beside her.

"Lies." Jennie spat, grinning as she took a sip in her coffee.

awed by her bare face glowing exquisitely, I tucked her hair on her ear which made Jennie flinched on her seat.

"These days, it's getting really cold don't you think?" I asked Jennie as I let my eyes enjoy the sight of seashore.

"It's because it's already December, and the weather's temperature eventually gets really cold."

Leaning back my head in the air, squeezing my eyes close. I said;
"Chaeyoung's relative live around the Haeundae district, not far away from here, an hour drive."

Mentioning my wife's name sends a bittersweet taste to my mouth, making my tongue swell in agony.

All of a sudden, Jennie asked me questions about my wife.

"When and how did you met?"

"Chaeyoung?" I asked, and she nodded for a response.

"We met when we were in highschool, she was a transferee that time and the moment I saw her the very first time. I told myself that she's the one I wanna marry, funny to think that I was really young that time to say something like that. But to me, that was the most genuine feeling I've ever felt." By just reminiscing it feels like my eyes would tear up in any moment.

"My mom died when she gave birth to me, and dad was the only person who raised me. Being a mother and father figure, my dad surely struggled a lot. I mean, he's in the military, so there's time that he would leave me to his sister while he's away. It's hard. Hard for the both of us. When a war began in Afghanistan, dad joined the troops. What can I do? He's a soldier after all, that was in highschool when I received a notice from the army. 36 soldiers died during the war, my father was included. All those heart wrenching moments I've encountered, Chaeyoung was there, she was the only person I can lean on." I deeply exhaled.

*JENNIE*

It was so early to talk about it and least expected that Lisa would dig deeper from telling her stories. She opened up to me, Lisa trusted me enough to show her scars and vulnerabilities.
I don't want to let her down, inside and out she was a strong woman, but she's a human who also needs love and affection, everyone does.

I reached my hand out to her face. this time it wasn't out of impulse, "Hey.. Lisa, look at me." She turned her head, her eyes and eyebrows softened at the same time, God. how can I resist myself from the urge of wanting to kiss her.

"We're going to find her." I muttered, Lisa showed a bitter smile.

--

Late afternoon, we decided to go to the Haeundae district. I left Kai and Kuma to the care taker, Chaeyoung's relative might be allergic to dogs, so better not bring them together with me.