WHY DO I FEEL LIKE CRYING?

*JENNIE*

Feeling her cold skin against the palm of my hands, exhaling soft breaths under my mouth. I stared deep down Lisa's brown iris, in a split second I was lost at her gaze. Her pupils dilating and all I can hear was the beat of my heart completely deafening my ears. oblivious with our surroundings, we were standing facing each other with my hands still planted on her cheeks.

"Jennie. it's getting late, we should probably go home." Lisa abruptly said.

"Y-yeah. we should." breaking the contact, I averted my gaze on her.

The drive way home was delicately peaceful and silent. I dared not to look at Lisa, guilt-ridden covered my skin as I recall what I did to her a while ago.

A shameless move. I thought to myself.

The ride way home didn't take longer than an hour. getting out from the passenger seat, Lisa called out my name then slowly reached her hand to her nape, rubbing gently while staring at the ground. A mannerism she usually does whenever she's tensed.

"Do you think we can find my wife?" Lisa asked in a soft manner.

"Have some faith. and we will." I smiled.

I wonder if I can trust myself? the words that I blurt out is opposite to what my heart wanted to say.

Walking through the doorstep behind the taller woman, "Lisa.." I called her, which she immediately turned around to look at me and hummed.

I know this is sudden, but what can I do?

"Lisa-- I--" I paused.

stop it. it's useless.

I heaved a sigh.

"Something wrong?" she ducked her head a bit to stare at my face.

"N-nothing. Just wanna say goodnight."

I sneered in my mind.

coward.

Despite of a cold weather, Lisa radiates a warm smile across her face.

"Goodnight Jennie." She reached for my head and gently pat it.

I strut towards my bedroom and slumped myself on the bed. I covered my eyes with my arm while letting out a heavy sigh.

Why do I feel like crying?

--

Another weekend came, Lisa and me were pre-occupied with folding the clothes that we're supposed to bring in Busan.

"Do you want to take the train?" Lisa asked as she put her clothes on the bag.

"Why? We have a car though."
I don't get this soldier at all.

"Driving for hours is very tiring Jennie."

"Who told you that you're the only one who will drive, we can take places in driving Lisa."
Lisa stood up from her sitting position in the floor.

"But I don't want to tire you." She uttered.

"But I don't want to take the train." I replied.

Lisa grumbled, "fine. Take this bag at the car, I'll go get something in my room."

*LISA*

When Jennie took the bag from me to put it in the car, I went to my room to get my car key. Passing by Jennie's room, Kuma was barking inside. Is she planning to leave her dog at this state? I clicked my tongue and opened the door of Jennie's room.