LETTER IV

*JENNIE*

"Ms. Jennie, I already told you to edit the stock sales last week. How come I haven't seen a slight changes on the graph? You know I would never tolerate sluggish actions during work hours." A tall man, with white beard, and white patches of hair on his head, old enough to be called a grandpa was standing in front of me, lecturing me about my work progress.

"I'm sorry Mr. Yang, I just happen to overslept last week, I was too sleepy." I groggily answered the older man, dark circles were still evident under my eyes.

Jennie you're so stupid. Never in your life you became like this. What the hell happened to me.

Right.

Lisa.

A stranger. A soldier.

A stranger who kept on sending a brown envelope filled of her letters.

A soldier who kept on telling me stories about her life in the army.

Stupid that I ended up on giving up my sleep waiting for her letters last Friday night. But nothing came.

Stupid for waiting about her weird and crazy stories inside the military.

Clock hits 11 pm and here I am still doing my paper works. Works that I had to finish because of my stupidity. After finalizing my work, I stood up from my chair observing the office where people are no longer visible in my sight.

"Time to go home Jennie." I told myself. Slinging my bag to my shoulder as I went outside the place.

Reaching my home, I checked my notifications from my phone;

From: Nayeon

Hey girl, I am still intrigued why you're no longer joining me with late night parties! Hit me a message if you read this. Love you.

An engaged woman going to a late night parties, really Nayeon? I said under my breath.

From: Mum

Jennie, when do you plan on getting your dogs here in the house? Remember that your dad has an allergy to dogs? Send me a text if you're planning on getting them. So that I can also prepare something for you when you get home. I miss you my daughter. I love you.

Shit. I forgot about Kai and Kuma. Mom was still soft as ever. I miss her. I sent her a message right after reading her text. As I reached in front of the door of my house, a small box was left under the door mat with a little sticky note on it.

"Good evening Miss! I happen to notice that you weren't home. So, I left the item sent to your address in front of your door step."

It's from the mail guy. I picked up the box and went inside the house.

Leaning my head against the headboard of the bed, I took a glance at the box placed in the coffee table.

Should I open it?

I heaved a sigh as I reach for the box, gently opening the top.

Another brown envelope. Another letter I guess.

To my chipmunk wife,

I'm sorry, I wasn't able to send you a letter last week, I had a terrible migraine within those days. Almost bed ridden on the infirmary. But I'm already ok now. Just need to pop some pills whenever my headache occurs. So how was your day baby? (I swear to God, I can feel the heat rise up to my face just by reading those words from her.) I hope you're doing well to your job, I'll always support you in everything. I know you're also having a hard time on your work, specially your scary boss. But keep on fighting! The higher rank officers here were trying to intimidate me with their loud voices, constantly being yelled at. But you know that to me, you're the most scariest person, with your constant naggings every time that you would caught me lighting a cigarette or even a smell of nicotine lingering to my body. Still, I love you with all my heart. Don't forget to eat your food three times a day or more than that. Take care and I miss you! Always.

P.S.

I actually sent you a picture of me and my co-soldier mates here in the army!

Your loving wife,

Lisa

"I hope you're doing well to your job, I'll always support you in everything. I know you're also having a hard time on your work, specially your scary boss. But keep on fighting!"

With those cheering words, I can't help but form a tight smile within my face as if she knew my struggles in my office works. As if she was talking to me.

Reading her last paragraph, I checked the small box again and a picture was placed inside.

My eyes gradually began to widen.

So this is her huh?

So this is her huh?

She's pretty, looks very funny with her peace sign, and she carries a manly vibe. No wonder why her wife fell in love with her.

I gulped.

What are you doing to me Lisa?