LETTER III

*JENNIE*

I wonder what she looked like? Lisa seemed to be a happy person, someone who's full of energy and humor. The more letter that she sends to me, the more I became more curious to that soldier. Reading her written words became my weekly routine, Friday night a mail for me or let's say a letter for her Chaeyoungie was sent to my house. Which will be read by me, Jennie Kim before going to sleep. Lisa's words through the paper became a safe haven for my solitude. A stranger. A soldier. Who became my company before I go to a deep slumber.

To my dearest wife,

Hi Baby! You know that you're my only baby right? HAHAHAHAHA it's funny how we used to think about having our own baby. But my job prevented us to do so, after 10 months of our marriage the army called me right away for the training, and enlistment for the war here in Thailand. Seeing you in tears makes my heart ache so much. Remember how I would buy you your favorite fruit which is mango? That I would even run outside in the middle of the night just to stop your tears? Both my legs were dead tired but making you smile is way more important. By the way, how was your job? Are you doing fine there? I hope I was there to provide you the comfort that you needed every time you're stressed with your work. I would hug you very tight just to lessen your tiredness. I miss your hugs and kisses.

Your strong wife,

Lisa

"By the way, how was your job? Are you doing fine there? I hope I was there to provide you the comfort that you needed every time you're stressed with your work. I would hug you very tight just to lessen your tiredness."

Her words are comforting to be honest, just reading her letters provides a large relief from my stressed mind and tired body. Thinking about the woman she's talking to, I wonder where she at? Is she also waiting for Lisa's handwritten letters?

Suddenly, my phone rang.

"Ugh. Nayeon." I exclaimed through the line.

"Why do you keep on rejecting my invitation to a party night every Friday?" Nayeon asked.

Groaning, I stood up from my bed to make a cup of coffee on the kitchen.

"You know that I'm tired because of work. I need a lot of rest Nayeon. A. LOT." I heavily sighed.

"but Jennie, you've already rejected my invitation for the nth time! I don't know what happened to you, but you're not like that, unless.." Nayeon suddenly became quiet between the line.

"Unless what Nayeon?" I curiously asked.

"unless you're seeing someone you're not telling me!" I was surprised by her sudden words, that I ended up spilling the hot coffee to my shirt.

"Ouch! Oh my god!" I said through the line, unaware that Nayeon would hear it.

"I knew it Jennie! I knew it! how come you're talking to me while you're having sex with someone!"

"What? No! what the hell Nayeon! I'm at my house."

"So you're doing it with someone in your house! How sly Jennie, really sly." she chuckled

"Nayeon, seriously? I spilled my coffee on my shirt because of your words. A hot coffee to be precise! Don't think I am with someone. I am alone Nayeon. Alone." I ended the phone call and heavily sighed.

Yep. That's right. I am alone. But Lisa was my company every Friday night. Lisa's handwritten letters.