LETTER VI

*JENNIE*

"Seriously, Jennie.. I don't know what happened to you. All of a sudden you became so distant? Tell me, are you dating someone?" Nayeon kept on bugging me for almost an hour. I decided to meet up with her to help organize things for her upcoming marriage with his fiancé

I heaved a sigh, "Nayeon. I didn't meet you today just to answer your stupid questions."

"oh come on Jennie, we've been bestfriends for so many years and I know there's something you're hiding from me." she hooked her hand to my arm, trying to corner me with her words.

"It's nothing. Really." I averted my gaze from her stare.

"Jennie. Don't make me do this." She said

"Do what?" I asked.

"if you don't tell me a thing, I swear I'm not going to talk to you anymore."

"are you threatening me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes. Jennie Ruby Jane Kim." she pouted.

I clenched my jaw. Squeezing my eyes shut. And heavily sighed.

"okay fine I'll tell it."

"Finally!" she clapped her hands. "you know that I'm not going to judge you in any way." She added.

I love this woman so much. So much that I can tell her everything without being judged or being criticized. I don't have any idea what will be her reaction if she heard my story.

"Every Friday night—"

"Holy shit Jennie!" Nayeon shouted.

"What?" I asked

"Were you doing it with someone every Friday night?! How dare you!"

"What the hell are you talking about? And please let me finish what I was telling you! You're already jumping to conclusions." I spanked her head with my hand. She grumbled and rolled her eyes.

"So, as I was saying, every Friday night I kept receiving a letter from someone. Someone from the army."

"Aaaand?" Nayeon began crossing her arms to her body. Completely engrossed by my story.

"A soldier to be exact. Someone I don't even know. It just happened that my new house, was maybe a previous house of this person who keep on sending letters. A letter for her wife. But that soldier was unaware that her woman was no longer living on that house. My house."

"Don't tell me you're fucking reading those letters of that soldier?"

I was silent for a second.

"Oh my god, why are you reading it Jennie?! It's not yours!" Nayeon knew. She will always know. My silence means a 'yes' for her.

"I know it's wrong Nayeon. But I can't help reading it. I don't even know where to find her wife. I can't even send a letter, telling her to stop sending me those letters because her wife's no longer living on their previous home." I exclaimed

"So that's the reason why you're not going out with me every Friday night? Shutting yourself to your room because reading the letter of that soldier is way important than your best friend?" she hissed.

"No Nayeon. I'm just too tired and lazy to go out with you every Friday night." I said.

"you're the worst liar Jennie and everyone knows it. how long have you been receiving letters from this soldier?" Nayeon asked.

"It's been 4 months already. I guess.." I whispered which Nayeon completely heard and flicked my ear by her finger.

"Ouch! What the fuck with the flicking of my ears Nayeon!" I rubbed my hands to my flushed ear.

"That long already?! Yet you're not telling me about it!"

"I already told you."

"Yeah you took 4 freaking months before telling me. why? Are you afraid that I'll judge you? Attracted to a married soldier is not wrong Jennie."

"W-what? That's nonsense Nayeon. And I'm not attracted to her." I stuttered along my words.

"Oh my god, a woman Jennie?"

"Stop being homophobic Nayeon."

"No, I'm not. I'm just surprised you're attracted to a woman."

"For the last time. I'm not attracted to her Nayeon."

"Reading Miss Soldier's letters every Friday night and forgetting about her own bestfriend. Don't tell me that's not attraction Jennie." She chuckled. I just rolled my eyes on her comment.

I'm not attracted to her... right? Why would I like someone I don't even know in person. A stranger. A soldier.

To my forever, (She's full of endearments huh?)

Every Wednesday, we are scheduled to go to the gas chamber. A training wherein we are supposed to be exposed more on a tear gas, to train ourselves how to control our body every time that this gas would make contact to our skin, specially to our face, it irritates our mucous membranes in the eyes, nose, mouth and lungs which leads to tearing up, sneezing, coughing and even throwing up. That's why I prefer taking light foods every Wednesday to prevent myself from vomiting. But we're getting used to it. and don't worry I'm taking care of myself, I hope you're taking care of yourself too. I hate it every time you forget eating your food while you're busy with your work. That you'll end up having sleepless nights just to finish your projects. And what I hate the most is not being able to snuggle my face to your shoulder, sleeping beside you until the morning comes. I'm sure Leo and Luca are always there to keep you company. My two little baby cats, I miss them as much as I miss you my Chaeyoungie. I love you to the moon and back.

Love,

Lisa

So she also had pets too. Leo and Luca.

Suddenly I looked at Kai and Kuma, lying comfortably on my bed beside me. I smiled.

"I also had my company here." I whispered.