MERE INFATUATION

*LISA*

Christmas is almost near, according to the news, within these days snow will begin its downfall. White christmas ain't bad as long as you have thick clothes and jacket to wear, I hate that I'll be spending my Christmas without Chaeyoung. Fuck, its lonely.

After the conversation that Jennie and I had, she went back to her cold state. I never tried talking to her again. Most of the time, I would spend my day by playing with her dogs, sometimes Seulgi would invite me over her house or go to the bar for a drink. Before this week ends, I went to the military base to submit my weekly report. I may looked laid back, but the thought of my wife never got off of my mind.

I arrived on the military base, and without my notice, someone from my back tapped my shoulder. Turning around, I found out that it was Yubi with her charming smile, pulling me under her spell to smile back. She went for a hug and greeted me, and asked me what I was doing during days, which I calmly answered that I was fine and everything's good, even though it's not. My wife's been missing, and Jennie.. God, that woman is making me worry.

"Dinner tonight, what do you think Lisa?" Yubi asked out of the blue.

I don't have reasons to decline her offer, so I agreed and told her to invite Seulgi too. Evening came, and so as the breezing bone shivering atmosphere, I called Seulgi to inform her that I'm already on my way to the restaurant and did the same to Yubi. This is the first time that I got to hang out with my friends in the army, we were each others comrade in the training, well our friendship consists of daily exercises, training, and night shifts. So for us, seeing each other in a relaxed state, having fun and just talking is something new for us.
Reaching the restaurant, Yubi immediately found me on the entrance and pulled me inside, there on the table, Seulgi was seen sitting and seemed to be busy on her phone, but stopped paying attention to it when Yubi called her and saw me getting dragged by the woman.

We settled ourselves on our seats, on the other hand, Yubi and Seulgi sat right across me, then a waiter came and asked for our orders.
Clearing her throat, Seulgi asked, "Any clues to locate Chaeyoung?"
With her question, I faintly shook my head for a response.

"Seulgi. We can talk about it later. I Didn't came here to think about my wife." I said, which she clearly understood, Yubi who's unaware by the happenings just kept herself mum, nosiness isn't part of her personality.

"Yeah, sorry bout that Lisa. By the way about the next training that'll be held in Vietnam, any plans?" Seulgi uttered.

"What? Another one? When?" Yubi asked, confused by what she heard.

I sucked for my breath.

That fast? And I barely did anything to find Chaeyoung. I'm completely the worst. If I came back to the training, will my wife go look for me? Will she also be worried while I'm away? Will it also hurt her, as much as it hurts me when I'm here longing for her presence?

My thoughts were cutted off by the arrival of the waiter together with food that we've ordered.

"I was informed that it'll be within a month. This is so frustrating, my wedding's supposed to be right after the New Year, but knowing the news from the military, now I had to adjust the date." Seulgi grumbled out of frustration.

"That's awful." Yubi added.

The moment that the food had been served on the table, in an instant we devoured the food silently. I think it's a bad idea to talk about things in the army, but can't help it. After all military was the one that binds and strengthen our friendship. All of a sudden, Yubi caught my attention by calling my name.

"Isn't that Jennie?" Yubi asked subtly pointing her forefinger, hearing Jennie's name being called out made my head turned behind me.

I hitched a breath, just by staring at the beauty that Jennie radiates. Maybe she just got off from the work and decided to have a dinner with I guess the guy who called her the other night. Mino.