LETTER VIII

*JENNIE*

A 2-week vacation was shorter than I expected. Maybe because I did have fun a lot. The team went to different places, but none of them were the place that Lisa had visited. It's not that I'm expecting to visit those places, but to see what Lisa have seen. Why am I even talking about her? Besides, I did gain a new friend which is Irene. We got along too well, and agreed to things that we're fond of. Talking to her is like talking to Nayeon, my best friend. It was already 12 midnight when I reached my place, another small box awaits at my door step. An inevitable smile was formed within my face. I grasped the item and went inside.

Lisa is a person who's full of suprises, a charming woman yet so mysterious. A ball of sunshine at the same time a pitfall. A stranger that would ramble your thoughts and emotions.

After taking a bath, I wore my white robe with nothing but an underwear inside. Drying my hair with a towel, the small box caught my attention. screaming and telling me to open it already. Inside the box was a small gadget and a note.

Reading the note;

Guess what? I managed to sneak this little thing just to give it to you! But the sad thing is that, I only managed to record one file and the battery is already low, It was given to me by my friend here and I'm really thankful to her! Keep this, and if you can be able to buy a charger for this then it's a good thing. So you can hear my voice again and again.

I took the small digital voice recorder, underneath it, was the earphone. I plugged it from the gadget and turned on the item. A single file was flashed against the small screen of the recorder and played it.

My Chaeyoungiee~ (Hearing her deep and husky voice made my chest ache in a weird way. I clenched my hands into a fist and heavily sighed) my one and only baby in the world. Are you listening to me right now? (I may not be your Chaeyoungie but I am listening to you Lisa.) the weather here in Thailand is not bad, it keeps me warm so much, you know that I am really sensitive in cold temperature, right? that's why my skin gets cold easily. I missed holding your small warm hands, I missed hugging you from the back and your rain of kisses, I missed it so so much, I missed you so so much—( Lisa's cracked voice was all I heard. I can tell that she's trying to prevent herself from crying. But a faint sound of sniffing was evident through the earphones.) I know that you are a very strong woman Chaeyoung and that's what I adore about you. You gave me enough strength to overcome everything here in the army. my only safe haven. The only person I can lean on. Eversince my parents are gone, you were there with me. you never left by my side. That's why I am saying that I am very sorry that I left our home and went to the army. but after all of these sacrifices, you know that I would run to you. Always. And also, please hear me out what I am about to say...

Rosé...

.

.

.

.

.

.

I LOVE YOU~

And the voice message ended.

I lay down my back on the bed, and sighed deeply for so many times.

My chest won't stop from beating rapidly.

I can feel my teeth gritting. Jaw clenching.

Tell me. Is it wrong to feel this way to someone?

To someone who's a stranger. A soldier.

I hate you Lisa. I hate you so much. I hate you for giving me these weird feelings.

Shutting my eyes closed. A sudden ringing sound of my phone alarmed me from sleeping.

"who the hell would call me during this hour?" of course its Nayeon. I grumbled under the sheet of my mattress, dragging my legs out from the bed. briskly swinging and losing my balance that caused me to fell on the hard wood floor of my room. Facing underneath of my bed. a large box was hidden. As my curiosity grew behind my thoughts, I stretched my arm, reaching and pulling the heavy thing out.

Touching the cover of the box, another ring from my phone was made.

"Ugh! Nayeon. What do you need?" I exclaimed.

"Nothing! I just want to know what happened during your vacation in Jeju."

I went back to the box to check what's inside while talking to Nayeon.

"Well, me and Irene—" I was interrupted from what I've witnessed inside the box.

"You and Irene what?" I put my phone down, as I grab the item out of the box.

"Jennie? Helloooo~!"

I am pretty sure that this thing that I'm holding right now is a turntable. Inside the box includes a set of record that I could play on this turntable. On the side of the box was a plastered note; "Lisa's things"

I've been living inside this house for a couple of months, yet I haven't noticed these things?

Was I too unaware by my surroundings?

Or was I too fascinated by Lisa's letters?