ENCOUNTER

*JENNIE*

A month had passed and receiving letters from Lisa no longer happened. Maybe she stopped writing? I didn't care much tho, and it was better that way. The last two letters that she sent was kept hidden and I decided not to read any of it anymore, immersing myself with my job while trying to ignore the fact that I was once attracted to a stranger, a soldier. Reading the soldier's letters every Friday night turned into late night parties with Nayeon, sometimes with Irene. For me, it was a huge distraction.

Early morning, I went for a jog together with my two dogs, Kai and Kuma. Drinking alcoholic beverages every Friday night was making my body out of shape that's why every weekend, a run around Hongdae became my routine. Despite of the cold weather, running made my body warm.

*LISA*

Last month was supposed to be my homecoming, but things happened during our ride all the way to the airport, riding the military truck a minor accident occurred that I ended up having an injury around my upper right arm when I fell against the solid rocks along the road. Receiving a slight Proximal Humeral Fracture, according to the doctor a two-week admission on the army's infirmary is needed and another two-week rest before they can fully discharge me. I was left alone while my comrades already went home. Due to my injury, writing a letter is impossible.

When I reached the Korea, all I can feel is the excitement to be home and to reunite myself with Chaeyoung. I'm sure she's dead worried already because the last letter I sent to her was a month ago.

*JENNIE*

After an hour of non-stop running around the Hongdae, I decided to go home and prepare for a breakfast. While I was busy with cooking in the kitchen, a sudden constant knock was made on my doorstep. I pretended not hearing anything on the front door and continued what I was doing, knowing it was Nayeon again who will just ruin my morning. But the more I pretend, the more the pounding against the door became louder. I grumbled as I took a towel to dry my hands and proceeded on the doorstep.

"What do you need Nayeon—"

I am pretty much sure that this was another dream.

"Hi, U-uh.. Where's Chaeyoung?"

But she looked more real than the last time that I dreamt about this stupid soldier. She was wearing her usual camo uniform and cap, but the unusual thing is that she's wearing a dark blue sling around her right shoulder.

Wait.

All of a sudden, I pinched my fore arm, and I yelped from the pain.

That's when I realize that I am not fucking dreaming. That this woman right in front of me with her genuine smile is fucking real. nervousness began running through my veins that I barely manage to suck an air with my lungs. I was stood frozen and words couldn't form within my mouth.

"Miss?" she asked. God. Her deep voice was so soothing.

"I— w-well..." shit. What the hell is wrong with me?

Suddenly, she went inside the house without my permission. And that's when I snapped from the reality. I was infuriated. I don't know if it's because of her ignoring me or barging in to my place.

My gaze followed the soldier as she threw her bag on the floor.

"Excuse me. but the person you're looking for is not around here." She turned around, facing me as I cross my arms around my torso.

"Then I'll wait for her, I'd just put my things to our bedroom." She dragged her bag all the way to my bedroom.

"What I meant, is that the person or this Chaeyoung that you're looking for is no longer living on this place." I exclaimed that made her stop from her tracks.