LETTER X

*JENNIE*

It's been 3 weeks since Lisa sent her previous letter and nothing came after that. I wonder what happened to her? Was she too busy to write one? Or she grew tired of writing but getting nothing from return? Perhaps, Chaeyoung have already contacted her? And why am I getting anxious about it? why am I so afraid of losing contact from her? She's nothing to you Jennie.

She's a stranger.

A soldier.

A stranger who don't give a fuck over you.

A soldier who only cares about her wife.

She means nothing to you. Remember that.

It was a freezing morning, when I heard constant strong knocks from the doorstep of my house. it's too early for Nayeon to visit my place and it's weekend for god sake! My body's still drawn within the softness of my mattress, yet this stupid is ruining my morning. I lazily get up from my bed, dragging my body out of my room as I keep on hearing the loud knocks from my door.

"Coming!" I shouted.

Opening the door, "Yah Nayeon! It's fucking weekend! How dare you—" I was intervened. intervened by a warm and soft thing pressed against my lips. It took me seconds to realize that I was being kissed by someone. My eyes grew wide from what I've seen the moment our lips broke contact.

A woman with brown eyes. Pale skin, tall and slim figure hovered my view. Wearing her camo hat and uniform.

Fuck.

I can feel how strong my chest pounds. Like in any minute, my heart would explode. My knees began to weaken just seeing her standing right in front of me. smiling..

"FUCK!" I woke up from my bed. this time for real. I was breathing so damn hard, my rapid heartbeats were real. it was cold yet, beads of sweat was all over my temple. I looked at the clock, 7 am it says. Suddenly, a knock was made from my door. I swiftly moved away from the bed as I walk towards the living room. Standing in front of the door, the knocks were still being made. I even pinched myself just to make sure if I was still dreaming. And this time, I'm not dreaming.

My hands were trembling as I gently squeeze the knob and slightly opened it.

"Heeeeeey!" Nayeon raised her hand, smiling widely.

I shut the door closed.

"Hey what the fuck!" I heard her muffled voice on the other side.

She managed to open the door since it wasn't locked anymore. While me, I went towards the kitchen not bothered by her existence.

"Why the hell did you close the door?" Nayeon exclaimed. Keeping up with me towards the kitchen as I prepare for a hot coffee.

"It's because you just ruined my morning Nayeon."

"Oh reallyyy? But to me, why does it seem like you're bothered by the fact that it was me? as if that you're expecting someone other than me to see in front of your doorstep?" Nayeon leaned her hands on the counter.

"Stop with the bullshit Nayeon. You already barged in and destroyed my peaceful morning. Don't make me kick you out of my house." I said.

Seriously, even in my dreams you just pop out of nowhere Lisa. I didn't know your letters would have this effect on me.

I heavily sighed as I stir my coffee.

"What's with the long face Jennie? You seemed really bothered. Tell me, what's wrong?" Nayeon asked.

"Nothing. Maybe I just need a lot of rest. Office works were draining my energy so much."

"Jennie, can I borrow your charger? I was too excited to visit your place that I ended up forgetting to call you that I'm coming over. Then I realized, my phone was drained." She chuckled at her own stupidity.

"the charger's at my room. Go get it." I pointed my room at her, which she briskly strutted and went inside.

Drinking my coffee at the living room. I heard Nayeon played the turntable that caught my attention.

There she is again, with her sudden nosiness.

"now I know why you're so drawn to this soldier." She said as she walked towards the living room.

"Touching my things again Nayeon? Do you really wanna get kicked out?"

"may I just inform you that reading other's letters is exactly a sin?" she backfired. When will I ever win against this woman?

"She's a stunner." Nayeon added.

"what?"

"I looked at the photos. And she's really beautiful Jennie." She said. Sitting on the couch across my direction.

"Did you read the letters?" I asked

"No. I wouldn't go that far Jennie, unlike you." She smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"What makes you visit my house?"

"Weeeell! Let me give you this!." She handed me an envelope.

"This is beautiful Nayeon." I exclaimed, reading the content of the invitation

"Yeah right? You're the first person I gave the wedding invitation. Of course, bestfriend will always be the priority.

Later that night, Irene invited me over for a drink.

"I really thought you're gonna refuse my offer." Irene said, hooking her hand to my arm.

"looks like I didn't?" we both laughed to my comment.

For over an hour, me and Irene talked about things, such as her love life and her career. Not minding how many shots we've already taken. Just like Nayeon, Irene is engaged to someone.

"Seulgi and I have been together for 5 years, and she decided to propose to me after that." She said, drinking her last glass of whiskey

"When will the marriage ceremony happen?" I asked her

"After her training in the army." with her comment, I froze.

"W-what? She's in the army?"

"Yeah. Is there a problem?"

"Nothing. Hey Irene. Does Seulgi's training held at the other country?"

"How did you know that? She's currently at the Thailand."

Oh. My. God.

I almost choked on my alcohol.