REPAIR WHAT'S BROKEN

*JENNIE*

That damn soldier didn't let me sleep last night, (it's not what you think) she got me all flustered from what she had said to me. Which leads me on getting late for my work.

"Keys.. keys.. keys.." I fumbled my hands through my front and back pocket looking for my car key.

Lisa was busy watching tv in the living room but then turned her attention to me.

"Something wrong?" she asked as she stood up from the couch.

"Yeah, I can't find my goddamn key for my car." I looked at my bag but found nothing.

"Clumsy." Lisa sneered.

Squinting my eyes, I said, "What did you just say?" This woman is testing my patience.

"I saaaaid.." she walked closer to me and held my hand. "You're clumsy." Holding my breath, she put the car key to my palm.

"I've seen Kuma playing with your keys, so I took it. Next time, don't let your dog play with important things." Lisa's hand reached for my head and gently tap it. She then walk her way to the kitchen while stretching her left arm in the air.

On that simple gesture, she completely made my heart race.

Jennie, what's wrong with you?

"Okay, I'm totally gonna be late for work if I don't move myself here." I Hurriedly moved my legs toward the outside.

---

Inside the car, I began igniting the engine but it wasn't working.
I tried and tried but nothing happened.
I drag myself outside and furiously kicking my car.

"Hey! That's not how you treat a car, lady." Lisa shouted, standing tall on the doorstep.

"The car won't start and right now, I really need to go to the company."

the past few days, this soldier doesn't even bother to talk to me. But now, she's always the one who initiates the talking. And I hate it.
She strut towards the car and tried to ignite it. same response from my car was made.

"Let's see.." She checked the car engine and began touching the wires.

"Looks like today you're going to take the bus miss." Lisa stated.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. This is really irritating.

"Well, the spark plug was worn out. You have to change it, that's the reason why your car's engine is not starting." She added.

"But I have to go--"

"I know. That's why I'm telling you to take the bus today. I'll repair what's broken." Lisa intervened.

--

Riding a bus was a huge headache for me. So much pain in the ass to try getting on one, and when I manage to ride, the hardest part is standing rather than sitting. the real struggle is trying to balance my body amid the people who keep on bumping me. Atleast I made my way to the work on time, that's all that matters.

"Jennie! Wait... What's with the grumpy look?" Irene suprised me on the other side of the cubicle.

I sighed.

"My car's broken so I had to take the bus all the way to the company." I sat on my swivel chair and opened the computer in front of me.

"that's too bad. Maybe today's not your luck. But have you already called someone to repair your car?" Irene asked.

"I'll repair what's broken."

A faint smile was made on my face, making Irene curious all of a sudden.