CAN'T I KEEP YOU FOR MYSELF?

*LISA*

Night time, Chaeyoung and I were standing across to each other beside the seashore. No one around only the two of us. I knew something was odd to my wife, everytime my hands would make contact on hers she would flinch like she hadn't gotten used to me or to my presence. When I held her hand, I noticed that she wasn't wearing her wedding ring, our wedding ring, the proof of our marriage and relationship.

"Where's your ring?" I asked.

"You don't really remember anything Lisa?" Chaeyoung said, which made me confused.

With a puzzled look, I asked her "What do you mean? I don't understand what you're saying."

Chaeyoung sealed her mouth with her hand, horror on her face was evident.

"Lisa, how can you not remember?"

"Tell me Chaeyoung, please explain what's happening." I uttered, I became aware of my fear that is slowly creeping into me.

"It's been 4 years."

"4 years of what?"

"You and I, Lisa. We've been divorced for almost 4 years already."
Hearing that made my heart stopped beating for a moment.

I chuckled. "Chaeyoung. For the last time, I'm not falling for your weird antics."

"Lisa. I'm telling the truth." Chaeyoung said in a stern manner. There's no way that she's saying the truth.

"You gotta be kidding me, come on Chaeyoung. Maybe you just need to wind up a bit, something's wrong with you." I replied.

"No Lisa, something's wrong with you. Not me. How can you forget that?"

"Forget about what?" The irritation along my tone is inevitable. She's taking her prank to a whole new different level.

"The day you left the house because of the army." Chaeyoung stated.

I froze.

No way.

I felt how my chest pound hardly. I'm getting tensed all of a sudden, beads of sweat forming against my temple, my breath turned shallow.

(Flashback)

Lately, Chaeyoung became really grumpy, especially when I'm talking about the army. She would always evade the topic whenever she have the chance, Chaeyoung hate the thought of me leaving her. The root of our argument is usually because of the military, but I know that it's not a big deal, until the day came that it grew worst than I thought.

2 weeks before the deployment, Chaeyoung prevented herself from starting a conversation with me, she'd immediately drift off to a slumber right after she went home from her work, in the morning she would prepare a breakfast for the both of us but kept herself mum and then leave for work. Not until I decided to talk and confront her for being a sulking chipmunk. Chaeyoung is a very hardworking woman, one of her traits that I admired the most. She'd reach the house around 8 in the evening and would even prepare a dinner even though she's tired from work, that night, I decided to pick her up from her company.

--

Waiting in front of the company buulding, I dialed her number and in an instant she picked up the call.

"Hey baby, I'm here outside to fetch you up." I said, leaning myself against the car door.

"You know you don't have to do that, but whatever, you're already there and I'm about to go outside now. Wait for me."
From the tone of her voice she really is worn out from her job.