4. On the Couch.

My phone rings and when I see its Aly my smile grows and when go to answer it, my finger hovers over the button. I don't want her to get hurt, I don't want to get hurt, so I leave it go to answering machine.

I hear her voice and my cheeks get hot.

"Um hey Hunter, its Aly. I know your probably asleep or busy or something but I was wondering if we could hang out later? Maybe grab some coffee? Just call me back when you can, please! Bye!"

I want to call her right back and say yes we can go now or whenever you want, but I can't. And judging by the perkiness of the phone call, she doesn't know I have to stay away.

I try to push her out of my mind as I grab my phone, keys and guitar and head down to the studio for the writing session I have in 30 minutes.

Alyssa's POV

"That's weird." I say aloud as I walk into Jack's living room.

"What's weird?" He asks. I sit down next to him and he puts his arm around me.

"Hunter," Jack tenses up. "he usually calls me right back, or at least texts me."

He shrugs "Maybe, he's busy. He's just got signed he's probably still writing stuff. He's got a lot on his plate." he says taking a drink.

I nod, still looking down at my phone. "I just miss him I guess." I mumble.

"What?" He asks after turning his face back to me.

I shake my head "Nothin."

After a minute or two silence he takes his right hand and starts rubbing the inside of my thigh. I try to not tense up, I just sit there with my heart beating out of my chest, and not of happiness. He takes his right hand and pulls at my pant zipper, slowly tugging it down.

"What are you doing?" I ask pulling it back up.

"What?" He laughs acting like nothing is happening.

"You act like that didn't just happen! I told you I wanted to take this slow!"

"Alright alright! But we've been dating for like a whole two months now! Can't I get a little action?!" He asks smiling.

"No! Not until I'm ready!" I say smacking his hand away.

"And when will that be?!" He roars at me. "C'mon Aly! Why are you being such a little prude about this?"

It gets really quiet for a few seconds. "I don't know." I whisper. "Just not right now, okay?"

"Fine, have it your way." He gets up and starts to walk to the bedroom. He stops at the door, turning his head. "If you're going to lead me on like that, you can sleep on the couch." He walks in and shuts the door, hard.

I pull my knees up to my chest and start biting my lip.

"Oh, and another thing!" He says poking his head back out. "Don't be surprised if one day you come home and theres a girl here undressed. If you won't give me anything, I'll find someone who will."

I just sit there and stare at him. I'm not going to give in, but I don't want him to cheat on me. He scoffs and goes back into the room.