18. Back into the Lions Den.

Hunter's POV

"I- I- can't" She says taking the key away from the lock.

"Here." I say and take the key and open the door as slowly and quietly as possible. I poke my head in and look around. I hadn't ever actually been inside her house before so I have no idea where I'm going. I turn back around to Aly and she's already crying. I look in again to make sure he's not coming and I walk back out in front of her, holding her shoulders and touching our forehead's together. "We need to do this okay? And once we get all your stuff you never have to step foot in this house, or near him, again."

"Promise?" She whimpers.

"I promise." I whisper and kiss her forehead. "C'mon, you need to help me because I don't know my way around here." She nods her head and takes my hand. I leave the door open and throw all her stuff that was at the door in the back seat. I run back up and she tells me that he's in the living room passed out so we can go upstairs and get her clothes.

We sneak upstairs and when we finally get into the bedroom we gather all the stuff we can in her bags, she leaves behind some stuff that she doesn't like or want so that he will think she'll be coming back. "This is all I need." She says and we quietly carry her stuff downstairs. She's in front of me and before we walk out I made sure that he's still passed out, which he thankfully is. He looks so pathetic, I've only ever seen him when he's cleaned up. If this is what he looks like at home I'm not surprised he's single.

We put her stuff in the car, she sneaks in the kitchen and gets the rest of her stuff and runs in the car breathing heavily and shaking. I shut the door and lock it, jump into the drivers side, start the car, and drive away before he notices we were there.

We get back to the parking lot of my apartment and I look over at her and expect to see her happy that we did it, but she's still shaking and crying. "Aly." I go to grab her hand but she flinches it away.

"Maybe I should go back." She whispers while chewing on her thumbnail.

"What?! Aly you know you can't do that!" It comes out a little more hostile than I want it to be. I got the girl of my dreams like night and I'm not letting her go every again.

"But did you see him?!" She yells, pointing out the window.

I take in a breath "Yes! Did he look like he was going crazy missing you? Was he calling your phone over and over wondering where you were, making sure you were alright? Was he calling around asking if anyone has seen you?"

She goes to say something but stops herself, looking down in defeat. "No." She mumbles.

"And who was the one that hurt you over and over?"

"I GET IT HUNTER! I'M A MISTAKE! YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUB IT IN MY FACE THAT YOU HAVE A PERFECT LIFE OKAY? I KNOW THAT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT SO MAYBE I DESERVE HIM!" Judging by the look on her face she looked just as shocked as I was that she said that. She looked at me for a second and her lip started to quiver.

"Aly," I whisper and reach out for her. "I didn't mean- I'm sorry."

She threw her head in her hands and bent over. "WHY DO I ALWAYS FUCK EVERYTHING UP?!" She whales into her hands and I start to lightly rub her back. "I'M SUCH A FUCK UP!"

"You are not." I whisper and put my head against hers. "You're not a mistake, you're not a fuck up." I kiss her shoulder and take one of her hands. "Lets go inside." She inhales and wipes the tears off of her face nodding.

"Okay." We grab all the stuff we can and carry it to the elevator that I usually don't use.

"Um," I push a button -the right one thankfully- and it takes us up to our floor. I can tell Aly is still crying, she isn't whimpering but I can see the tears falling off her face out of the corner of my eye. All this stuff is keeping me from holding her and even though its a short elevator ride its killing me. We get to the floor and we both carry the stuff into the apartment.

"I g-gue-ss I better u-u- unpack." Aly goes to grab a bag but I push it back down.

"You're not doing anything right now." I say and wrap her up in my arms. "That can wait, your happiness is more important than that."

"What if he finds us?" She mumbles in my shoulder.

"He won't."

"But what if he does?" She asks louder.

"Then I'll make sure he wont lay a finger on you." I slowly release her and put her forehead on mine. "Don't be afraid when you're with me." I lean down and kiss her as she lets out a sigh.

As much as I knew he was hurting her, I didn't realize how much horse shit he was feeding her and putting into her head. Not good enough? He apparently told her to kill herself? A world without her in it wouldn't be a world at all. Just these past months of her not talking to me have been some of the worst.

All I think about is her, she is so loved and doesn't even know it. I know she isn't going to get better in one night, and maybe I'm selfish for trying to date her without her really breaking up with her boyfriend. Actually, I kind of feel shitty about it, but I'm not sure she can be alone right now. Maybe she'll ask for space, I'll understand and I'll hate it when the time comes. But all I want to do is whats best for her and I would do anything to make sure that girl is treated like a queen for the rest of her life.

So thats what I'm gonna try and do.