23. Rebekah's House.

Aly's POV

*a few days later*

"Aly, are you sure you're okay with staying at our house? I mean, we can stay here its fine!" Rebekah says as we take her stuff to her car, and my stuff to mine.

"I need to face this." I say lifting my bag higher and shoving it in the back seat with my knee.

"Yeah I know, but you might want to face this with Hunter, I mean he can protect you way better than me." She exclaims leaning against my open door.

"Its not like Jack can do much, that and its not like he has a gun and even if he did he would be so drunk that he wouldn't hit me." I say in a grunt trying to shove some more stuff in then shutting the door, brushing off my clothes and hands. "I'll be fine, I promise, and its not like we are walking to his house, he probably wont even see me." Forcing a smile, I try and act like it doesn't bother me. In all honesty, it doesn't, but that thought in the back of my mind is still there.

He will always be there.

~~~

"Thank you guys again." I say putting my stuff in their spare bedroom.

"Are you kidding? You can come over any time you want!" Jen says hugging me.

"She speaks the truth." Rebekah adds and hugs me too.

"Ya'll are too good to me." My face forms another smile as I start to unpack some of my stuff. I'm only staying for a few days so there's no sense in taking out everything.

~~~

"You good?" Jen asked as she walks into my room.

"Yeah," I say looking up at her for a few seconds and pushing the lose piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm just a little jittery, thats all." I'm trying to keep myself busy to keep from thinking about him. I know if I sit down I'll think about everything or have an anxiety attack.

Long story short, the whole 'not unpacking everything' didn't happen.

"Well, if you ever want to go back to your apartment, we can go, okay?" She states softly.

"I'm fine." I reassure, meaner than I wanted. "Sorry, I'm sorry." She shakes her head telling me that its fine. "Uh, do you need me to clean anything?" I ask, getting tired of packing and unpacking the same things.

"What?! You're not cleaning anything-"

"Please Jen? I need to stay busy." I beg. She looks around and sighs throwing her hands on her hips.

"I don't know, uh, oh! I know! You can help us make dinner!" She says perkily.

"Oh my God thank you." I say and hug her again.

We walk downstairs and all go in the kitchen to make dinner.

About 5 minutes later theres a knock at the door and we all look at each other.

"I'll get it." Rebekah says forcing a smile and scurries off to the front door. Jen continues with what she's doing uneasily as I lean against the counter trying to breathe. A few moments later Rebekah walks back in with a package in her hands smiling. She quickly sets it down on the kitchen table and walks over to me and rubs my back. "See, its fine. Just never open the door okay? Get one of us." I nod and force a smile, luckily she thought it was real and went back to cutting carrots.

~~~

Rebekah is on the other side of the wall and Jen is across the hall. According to my phone its 2 am. I'm so tired from keeping myself busy but I can't shut my eyes. Every time a car goes by, I hit the wall that's against my bed with my back and I look at the windows, making sure they're still locked each time. The more I try to forget and ignore, the more I think about it. I plugged in my head phones and played Storm Warning earlier, hoping that Hunter's voice would calm me down, but that just made it worse because I couldn't hear what was happening in the house. I unlock my phone and see that Hunter finished a twitter party about 10 minutes ago, I forgot about time zones.