31. Sleepover with Jen.

Aly's POV

I invited Jen over, this time by herself. I also wanted to talk to her about it, not to chew her out, just talk.

"Hey!" I say opening the door letting her in.

"Hey." She pulls her stuff in the door and hugs me.

"Here, let me help." I take her stuff into the spare bedroom and walk back out into the living room where I see her standing awkwardly looking around. "Jen," I say laughing. "You can make yourself at home, you've been here before without a problem, wasup?" I make my way into the kitchen to get a drink and she follows behind me. My question is genuine but we both know why this is awkward.

"I don't know its just, I don't want to impose." She says shyly shrugging her shoulders. "Its just weird. I feel like you're doing this because you have to, not because you want to." She mumbles. I stop in my tracks and just stare at her for a second with a blank face. She looks up at me and does the same. "What?" She asks taking a drink.

I look at her for a few more seconds before I burst into laughter. "Are you kidding?! Jen, you're one of my only friends. I'm not doing this because I have to its because I want to okay?" I say shaking one of her shoulders. "Okay?!" I say again giggling.

A smile creeps up on her face and I giggle and shake her again. "Fine." She says trying not to smile.

"Okay lets go watch a movie." I say and we take our hot chocolate and sit facing each other with a blanket covering our legs. About halfway through the movie I couldn't take it any longer, so motion at her to get her attention. "Hey."

She turns her head straight and then groans in pain and holds her neck. "Oh man, thats stiff." She says rubbing it and laughing. I giggle along with her, but it's short because I'm so eager to talk to her.

"So, look," I say trying not to sound uneasy. "I know that whole thing with Hunter and you is over but-"

"Oh." she says slouching and looking down in her lap.

"Oh? Oh what?"

"Oh, you only invited me here because you wanted to get back at me for that!" She shouts.

"What? No! Jen, I wouldn't do that, I just wanted to talk to you about it! That's all!"

"Are you trying to threaten me?" She yells starting to get up.

"What?! What are you taking about?! NO!"

"No, I see whats going on Aly, you don't need to explain." She throws the blanket off her legs and grabs all her stuff.

"Jen! That's not whats going on!"

"Then what is it?!" She yells ready to walk out the door.

"I wanted to know if it was Hunter and I.. I feel bad!" I yell. She looks at me confused for a second. "I feel bad because after that whole thing happened, I realized I was pulling Rebekah away from you. I was destroying a friendship and I never meant to do that-"

"Oh so this is for you to feel better? That's all I hear about from everyone is how perfect you are Aly! I never hear anything bad happen to you! You're life is perfect!" She yelled.

I look at her for a second with wide eyes. "Are you kidding?" I say in a hush tone. "Do you know the hell that I've been through?" My lip was starting to quiver. "My life is far from perfect, its actually the opposite. You know I'm going through a really hard time! You know that! And I truly like you and want you to be my friend!" 

Theres a brief moment of silence, for a second I want to punch her but I know she's probably only getting defensive because she's embarrassed. She knows I'm going through stuff, and maybe I'm more needy than I realize, but again I know she's probably feeling weird about everything. 

She lets out another sigh and sets her stuff back down.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles, hanging her head down a little.

"Don't be." I reach out my arms and hug her tight. "I honestly didn't mean for this to happen. I just don't want you to feel left out, or think that I'm trying to make you feel left out."

"Thank you." She whispers in my shoulder.

"Lets go back to the movie." I say pulling away. She nods and we return back to where we previously were.

"What do you want to know?" She asks softly. "Didn't you say something about what Hunter had to do with it?"

"Oh yeah, uh, did he ever like, flirt with you?" I ask awkwardly.

She shakes her head. "No, never. I took it as flirting but thinking back on it he was just being nice. He probably didn't even want to sit with me, but I kind of made it hard to say no."

"Oh, okay. Uhh-"

"Aly, none of this was his fault. It was mine, I should've just left. He didn't even know what was going on and I should've known that he was off limits."

I start to laugh. "Jen, he's not my property. I don't care if you have coffee with him, I want you two to be friends okay?" She nods and laughs with me. "Just don't go stealing him..." I laugh again pointing at her causing her to laugh too. "And thank you, for telling me and not being mad at me."

"Being mad at you?! Are you kidding? I was afraid you would never talk to me again!" She says taking a sip of hot chocolate.

"Really?! Jen, I don't have enough friends in the first place, I'm not going to pass up an amazing one." I say shaking her knee.

"Aw thanks." She says and then we both watch the rest of the movie.

A/N: Sorry this chapter kinda sucks, I just wanted to explain that in some way I guess haha.