34. Surprise Visit

We all come into the dining room and Hunter looks like he's about to puke. I set the mashed potatoes down on the table and walk over to him then lightly rub his arm.

"You okay?" I whisper. He fake smiles and nods his head, I know he's lying because he's not breathing. "Hunter."

He looks around as my father walks into the bathroom and he lets out the biggest breath of air. "I'm scared." He says so only I can hear. I look around to make sure nobody's watching us, even though I know they are out of the corner of their eye, we step outside anyways. I shut the door and make sure my Dad is still in the bathroom.

"Okay, breathe." I say turning to him. I can see our breath since its so cold, but he needs to cool off so its fine. "Okay, what'd he say to you?" I grab both his hands trying to keep warm.

He starts breathing normally again, which is good. "We talked about music for a little,"

"Well thats good, you like talking about music!"

He nods and looks down at his feet. "Yeah but then the silence was killing me, I felt like he was looking at me and it took every ounce in me not to look at him." He looks up and starts tapping his foot.

"Hunter." We both look down and back up, his foot stops. "Okay well when he sits down, I'll sit near him and you can sit at the end near my Mom."

"Oh thank the Lord." He says letting out another breath.

"Hunter, you need to calm down, I don't need you passing out at the dinner table alright?" I stroke the side of his head, playing with his tiny side burns.

He nods his head. "Got it."

"Good, now kiss me you dork." I ran my other hand up his chest and all my fingertips found the bottom of his hair line as I pull our lips together. It feels like time is stopped, in this very second nothing else matters other than me and him. Our lips move in perfect sync and I feel like I'm melting into him; I slowly pull back and smile. "Is that gonna last through dinner?" I giggle.

"Maybe just one more, really quick." He leans down again and my eyes flutter almost as much as my heart. He pulls away then kisses my forehead. "Okay I'm good." He chuckles. I giggle again and grab his hand pulling him back inside.

"Wait!" I say just before we walk in the door and turn around wiping the lipstick off of his lips. "Ehh, okay you're good." We both laugh as we stumble back inside.

I guess my mother was trying to keep my Dad in the kitchen while we were out there because when we walk back in he's trying to push past her. I see Kelley and Aunt Sarah sit down quickly at their seats, acting like they weren't just watching us.

"I'm Kelley." She says holding her hand out for Hunter's.

"I'm Hunter, nice to meet you." He says, then turns to Aunt Sarah.

"Sarah- or I guess you'll hear her call me AuntSarah, pleasure to meet you."

"Hunter, pleasure to meet you too." We all sit down and Hunter is closer to my mom, thank God.

We get all the food on our plates and start to dig in when Kelley starts making kissing noises. I look up widening my eyes and kick her under the table. "Ow!" she shouts and I shoot her a glare. Before anyone can say anything the door bell rings.

"I'll get it." I say and glare at Kelley again as my heels click on the hard wood floor. When I finally reach the door and open it, I see someone I thought I'd never see again.

"Josh?!"

~~~

I didn't have many friends in high school, but Josh was one of them. Actually he was my ex who was the first one to break my heart after graduation, but I eventually got over it. Actually it was good that he did it after graduation because our school was the only private school around here and no one at our school really talked to anyone in public school. We were kind of our own little community. Most of the parents were famous, it was a Christian school but it was mostly there for kids with famous parents, or parents in the music business. The best thing about it was nobody cared, they if you had the same last name as someone then it was just known, unlike public school where if that was the case and you even knew famous person or agent they swarmed around you like bees on a honey comb trying to be your friend. Needless to say, everyone at our school knew whose parents were to whose.