47. 100 Reasons

Hunter's POV

"Why do you love me?" I almost spew the liquid in my mouth everywhere.

"What?" I ask laughing.

"You could have any girl in the world! I mean with just one simple eye contact you could melt someone, why me?" Her face turns into a deep red as she picks at her fingers. "Sorry its a stupid question." Her head shakes. I know we haven't been together for long at all, but I've been in love with her since the moment she looked at me. The minute she told me her name, the first time she smiled, the first time I made her smile. 

"No," I say grabbing her hand. "Its not a stupid question." She looks up at me with hopeful eyes, waiting for me to answer. "Why you? Why you," I repeat looking around pretending to search my thoughts. "Well, I can't really answer that right now." A smirk spreads across my face.

"Huh?"

"I need to make a list, so I don't accidentally repeat myself and I make sure to cover all the bases." I say, trying not to laugh, taking another drink.

"So, when will this list be ready?" She asks as her cheeks turn a light shade of pink and she leans closer to me over the table.

"Hmm, I don't know, but I know I need to start soon if I finish it before we die."

"Wow." She said opening her eyes wide. "That's a long list!" So much sass in one little girl.

"Well there's a lot of things I love about you." My smile gets even bigger, she looks down and starts blushing again. "And that's one of them." I say pointing at her cheeks for a second.

The second I get home from our coffee date I grab a piece of paper, scribbling down all the things I can think of. I'm going to write a list. A list so long that it will be a book. She needs to know all the amazing things about herself that she doesn't see.

After about three hours I get a pretty long list and type it up on my phone so I can add things if something new comes to mind. I don't know when I'll be finished, but I know one day she'll get to read it.

~~~

*before Hunter leaves for tour*

"Hey I gotta go to the studio, Dann said something went wrong with the one of the tracks and he needs help. I'll be home later." I lie slyly. Not that I have to, she probably wouldn't even care.

"Okay." She says quietly from another room.

We haven't exactly been on the best terms lately. Everything is just kind of neutral. I still love her and want her but it feels like she's already slipping through my palms like sand.

Today I don't care. I'm finally finishing what I started a few months ago at the coffee shop with her.

I go to Walmart and buy a few packs of different colored envelopes and some notebook paper. Nothing fancy but it'll do. I grab some tea, candy, gift cards, random stuff that I know will make her smile. I check out, get in my car and start writing. I write a bunch of individual letters for when she's feeling happy or sad or something. Then I pull out my phone to start writing all these reasons I love her.

My hand already hurts from all the other writing and my penmanship is becoming worse and worse. I shake my hand out and decide to drive around for a while to give it a break, plus I still need to think of a 100th reason. I pull out of the parking lot and drive downtown, the lights and people are still new to me. In Breaux Bridge there isn't near the flashiness or glamour, everything is calm and small, here, its the opposite.