10. Sick Day.

*The same night*

"Alyssa, I l-llll-love ou, I'm sooor-sorry. Pleash come homm." I roll down the road while listening to all my messages and smiling, but crying at the same time. Jack is so sad that I left, he apologized and said he needs me, so how can I not forgive him?

I walk in the front door and see Jack passed out on the couch with a half empty Bud bottle in his hand. I decide not to wake him up, so I go up and crawl into bed.

I wonder what Hunter's doing.

Hunters POV

I go back up to my door, unlock it, then I clean up the living room and finally crawl back into bed. I toss and turn for a few seconds before finally getting comfortable, and then my alarm goes off.

"Wow." I grab my phone and text Dann telling him that I'm sick. We were supposed to do vocals today and he knows that when I'm sick and I sing it just gets bad.

I roll back over and pull up my covers. All I can think about is Aly.

What if she gets hurt again? What if he causes something fatal and I'm not there for her? What if she can't get away next time?

I get consumed in my thoughts and the next thing I know, I'm asleep.

Alyssa's POV

I stumble out of bed and grab my phone. It's 12:30 and no sign of Jack anywhere. I walk around the house and find a note on the kitchen counter.

Aly, had to leave earlier for work today. I'm sorry about last night. I'll talk to you when I get home, love you.
-Jack

The smile on my face grows as I throw a frozen meal into the microwave. I don't think there's anyone lazier than me. While my meal is cooking my phone catches my eye, I'm contemplating whether to call Hunter to make sure he's okay, but I quickly decide against it and pull out my lunch.

Jack won't do it again. I mean he said he was sorry, he didn't really wanna hurt me... right? He wouldn't have bought me a necklace and let me move in if he really didn't love me.

He wouldn't still be with me if he didn't love me, plus he's usually drunk and drunk people are crazy sometimes.

Thats it.

Thats all it is.

~~~

"Hey!" I hear Jack say as he walks in the door.

"Hey." I answer back a little softer. He comes over and kisses my check, then slowly starts nibbling my ear. "Quit it!" I say smiling and pushing him away.

He giggles and goes behind me to the fridge. "So who's jacket is that in the passenger seat of your car?" He asks walking back over and taking a drink.

He's standing beside me and I'm looking down. My eyes get wide for a second but then I quickly make them normal again in case he sees me. "Huh?" I ask trying to buy myself time.

"In your car, I left my sunglasses in there and I went to get them and there was a jacket in the passenger side that I know isn't yours, who's is it?"

"Oh that's um," I fold over the magazine and put it in the stack I had on the counter. "Its a girl from work's. She left it there and I was going to drop it off at her house but I forgot." I lie a little bit shakier than I wanted.

"You sure?" He asks taking another sip.

"Yeah!" I say more confident this time. "It's fine, don't worry about it." I force a smile and he just rolls his eyes and goes into the living room. I walk into the bathroom and let out a sigh of relief that he didn't get mad or question me.

I need to be more careful.

A/N: Hi, its me again. Sorry for all the short chapters. I guess, idk I don't have an excuse
I'm sorry :( How are you guys feeling? You like it? Don't? Tell me so I can make it better! Thanks!