17. The Friend.

Aly's POV

"You ready?" He asks, holding my hand and looking down at me.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I go to put the key in the lock but stop myself. "Wait." I say.

"What is it?" He asks rubbing my back.

"I need to go talk to someone first." I answer looking back up at him, he's extremely confused. "Just c'mon!" I pull him across the street to Rebekah's house. I had almost completely forgotten about Rebekah from all the stuff going on. As we approach her familiar white door I knock, and girl answers that I've never seen before.

"Oh my gosh are you...?" She points to me. "And is he?" She gets sassy and looks at Hunter with disgust.

"No, he's not him, he's the friend." I say pointing at Hunter. The poor boy has no clue what's going on and he keeps looking back and forth at me and Rebekah's roommate (I'm assuming) trying to figure out what's going on. He looks like a lost puppy, he's so adorable.

"Ohh," she says nodding her head. She looks at us for a few seconds and smiles. "Aww, you two are so cute! I'll go get her." She says motioning for us to come in. We walk inside and stand there awkwardly, he grabs my hand and I instantly feel better. His hands are hard from guitar playing, but they're comforting and protective. Unlike Jack, he acts like he wants to hold my hand, his fingers wrap around mine when Jack's would just hang.

"What's going on and who are these people?" He whispers, squeezing my hand a little tighter. "And how do they know about this, and us?"

"Well, I don't know the girl who answered the door but the other- oh never mind I'll tell you later." Right on cue Rebekah and her friend walk back over, and I can tell Rebekah's friend didn't tell Rebekah that Hunter wasn't Jack (try saying that 5 times fast, jez).

"DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN DO THAT TO A GIRL AND GET AWAY WITH IT?!" Rebekah shouts.

"What?!" Hunter puts his hands up and she swats at him.

"REBEKAH!" I put my hands in front of hers to stop her from killing Hunter.

"ALY HE-"

"HES THE FRIEND!" I yell almost laughing and she immediately stops and looks at me.

"Oh." she backs up and her face gets red and I start laughing so hard I almost snort. "Sorry about that I- uh-"

"Its fine." He says laughing. "I'm actually glad you would've done that if it was him."

She smiles letting out a small laugh. "Wait," she says walking over to me. "are you two...?" the pointed to both of us. We look at each other and laugh. "Awe!" She came over and gave me a hug which felt like knives stabbing me in the back. I guess people forget that just because my old relationship is over doesn't mean the scars still aren't there. Again, mentally and physically. "Do you guys wanna hang out?"

"Well, actually we came back to get my stuff and I figured it might not be a good get away if I came over here after leaving."

"Good idea." She says pointing to me.

We exchange numbers and goodbyes.

"Be careful! I'll be watching so if you scream or something I'm calling the cops and running my ass over there with a baseball bat, okay?" She says, I laugh.

"Okay. Thank you." I say walking down the steps..

"She looked like she was about to rip my head off." He whispers as we walk back across the street. I put my hand over my mouth trying to hold in my laughter. "So who was that?"

My hand runs through my hair as I take in a deep breath. "Last night, I ran out from the woods and around the side of the house, I ran here. I saw that there was a girl that lived here from before but I had never said hi to anyone on the street. Anyways she's the one that drove me to your house and basically gave me a reality check. Hunter," he looks down at me. "she's the reason I decided to stay with you, well she didn't do the whole thing, you just kinda finished it off, but she started it."

"Woah, I'm going to have to thank her for that later." He says smiling. "Okay, lets try this again." Hunter says as we reach the door, still holding my hand that was shaking so bad that he could probably feel it. "Its okay, we got this."

Safe With Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें