22. I Don't Sleep At Night

"I love talking to you, even if I have nothing to say."

Another few days later

Thethia: Mt. Plytois, House in the Mountain

• Elianna •

Pouring the concoction into a bowl, Elianna walked towards the room to find Rowan. His injuries had been making good progress and its only a matter of time before he would recover fully. Holding the bowl in front of him, she instructed, "Drink up."

She noticed how his expression changed for a very brief moment before he pushed lightly on the bowl to keep it away from him. He laughed a little, "I'm feeling much better now, I think I can do without these already?"

"The arrow that shot you in the arm was dipped in poison beforehand.  Although your body seemed to have some immunity to it, I thought it would be good to make you some antidotes." Elianna pushed the concoction closer to his mouth, insisting that he drinks it.

"Eli, give me a kiss and I'll drink it without any complaints," he teased.

Heat quickly crept up her cheeks and she frowned, "Then, don't drink it!"

Elianna turned around and stormed out of the room. Behind her, Rowan already broke out into a burst of laughter. His deep laugh reverberated in her ear, making her flush more than she already did. She buried her face in her palm and behind her the room door was pulled open and Rowan handed an empty bowl back to her. He was grinning cheekily when he said, "You don't have to give me a kiss but at least a praise?"

Elianna didn't know what to say but simply blurted out a phrase, "Good boy."

Seeing that his brilliant blue eyes went wide with surprise, she really wanted to hide somewhere and never step into the face of this realm again. Elianna scolded herself internally. I did not just say that to a royal prince.

Rowan only smiled at her, brighter than before, "For you, of course."

• Rowan •

In the evening, he took a bath after dinner and took extra care when washing over his recovered wounds, which had been healing well under her care. He wondered how she learned about medicine and also why a princess like her would be residing in this remote area deep in the mountains.

Although he had stayed with her for quite some time now, he realised that he knew nothing about her. Elianna was full of mysteries, her entire being was a web of tangled threads that he couldn't unknot. Rowan thought about asking her but it was apparent that she spent a lot of time sleeping. Each morning when he woke up, she would be sleeping. The only time she would wake up would be in the late noon to tend to his wounds and prepare dinner before she leaves the house with her panther again. The days were as such, and he didn't have much of a chance to speak to her.