36. Jealousy

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Dining Hall

Rowan • 

"Where's Elianna?" he looked towards the empty seat which she'd always occupy.

"Ray visited in the noon and mentioned that she was requested for by the Second Prince," Ilias mentioned. 

"What is it again?" Rowan asked icily. 

An uncomfortable pressure clamped down his chest and the anger that seethed within him was apparent when he felt his knights flinch slightly when the temperature of the dining hall immediately dropped to a freezing point. 

"He said that it was simply a casual meeting because His Highness wanted to thank Elianna for saving him," Ilias replied. "He also requested for her to stay in his palace for dinner." 

Rowan tried to suppress the annoyance he was feeling, but it was overwhelming him. He didn't have the rights to be upset because she wasn't his and she had all the rights to travel freely around the Royal Grounds as a Royal Doctor. Yet, he couldn't help but feel infuriated that she had gone to Nvre Palace again. Marching into Nvre to take her back was enough to alarm everyone and if he acted rashly again, Elianna might go under the Queen's scrutiny. Till then, it would complicate the whole situation further. 

Withdrawing the suffocating aura within the dining hall, Rowan said tonelessly, "Dine." 

━━━━━━━━━━

Iftia: Nvre Palace, Dining Hall

Elianna • 

"Matthias, I don't think—" she said, anxious.

"Elianna, please do not worry," he smiled, "I sent someone to Lyx to say that you'd stay for dinner here."

Now he had done it. Exhaling a sigh of dejection, she looked at him disapprovingly, panicking internally as she was unsure how everyone would react. She could only hope that Rowan wouldn't barge into Nvre alone again. Elianna sat in the luxurious dining hall, counting each moment as her heart remained unsettled. Though thankfully, dinner proceeded peacefully and determined to explain about the situation once she returned to Lyx. 

Beside her, Matthias asked, "Elianna, is it okay if I asked about something?" 

"What is it?" she mentioned, meeting his gaze. 

"Why are you wearing a veil?" he inquired, observing her with confusion and curiosity. 

Elianna saw this question coming because it must've been weird for him to look at her always turning to her side when she ate. She lied, "I have an ugly scar on my face."