41. Elizabeth

A few days later

A few days later. 
Iftia: Lyx Palace, Hallway to Medical Office

Elianna

Elianna recovered relatively fast since she regained consciousness and in a matter of days, she was up and around. After the morning meal, Alec walked with her to the medical office while everyone else dismissed themselves to their posts. Reaching to touch the top of her head, Alec had worry in his voice when he asked, "Sweetie, are you sure you're alright?" 

"Yes, Alec, I'm all well!" Elianna raised her arm, flexing it in front of Alec.

Stunned for a moment, Alec grinned in return and gave her a muscular flex with his arm in return. She let out a peal of giggles at the realisation that Alec had a way larger frame than her and her arm was nowhere near comparison to his. Before leaving, the knight reminded her to take it easy and left her to be in her office. 

A few days of missed work definite piled the stacks of documents on her desk. Elianna combed through them, organising them as she went as she suddenly thought about Rowan. He definitely took a lot of time off to stay with her and take care of her. While she was recovering, he spent the entire time with her, only leaving when the officials visited Lyx to report to him. She was sure that the amount of work would've mounded for him too. 

Thinking about Rowan also reminded her of the way he held her close to him and how his lips kissed along the curve of her neck down to her shoulder ardently. Her cheeks heated embarrassingly as she patted her cheeks lightly, grabbed her thoughts in line and headed back to work. 

━━━━━━━━━━

Iftia: Krystal Palace, Receiving Room

Rowan

Entering the receiving room, he saw the Thethian princess lowering the cup in her hand onto the porcelain saucer as she rested them onto the table in front of her. Elizabeth turned slowly as she stood to face him. A polite smile on her face as she bobbed a curtsy towards him, "Rowan, it's a few days." 

"Your Royal Highness of Thethia," Rowan greeted in return, explaining, "My sincere apologies that I had some internal issues to deal with for the past few days." 

"No worries, I assume that all is well now?" 

"Yes," he replied simply, having no intentions to elaborate the situation to her. 

"That's great," she mentioned. At least, Elizabeth wasn't oblivious to all his intentions. Gesturing towards the seat opposite to her, the Thethian princess continued, "I'm sure we have important matters to discuss. Please have a seat and let us discuss it over tea." 

"It would be my honour," Rowan nodded, waiting for her to sit before he followed. 

For the rest of the morning, they discussed the trade agreement, offering benefits for both Kingdoms as they laid out concrete plans to solidify this tie between the two Kingdoms. Rowan remained careful throughout the whole conversation, but ultimately the discussion still went in the direction that he dreaded.