38. Crystal Clear

Iftia: Krystal Palace, Garden

Elizabeth •

"Your Highness," Quinn, her knight, walked towards her and bowed.

Gracefully raising the teacup and bringing it close to her lips, she said, "Tell me about it." 

"There's nothing peculiar about the First Prince, it was just as according to everything that was known about him. His palace is an isolated palace in the Royal Grounds and it was heavily warded. Till date, he also refused to associate himself with any ladies of powerful backgrounds in Iftia." Quinn reported accordingly. 

A satisfactory smile appeared on her face as she slowly sipped on her tea.

"However, I heard that he had a female aide," Quinn continued.

One of her brows raised questioningly and she straightened her back, leaning forward to slowly place the teacup back on the garden table. Her eyes were locked on Quinn, demanding an answer.

"She's the only lady residing in Lyx Palace and she works as an appointed doctor in the palace's medical office. Her name is Elianna Everson." 

Resting an arm on the garden table, her fingers tapped impatiently on the surface. She gestured to Quinn, "Tell me more. I need to know about this female aide." 

"Doctor Everson has close relationships with His Highness and his knights," Quinn responded. "Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any information out. No one knew much about the happenings within Lyx, she was said to be brought into the palace by the First Prince and she had stayed there since." 

"Do you have any information on the Everson family?" Elizabeth asked. 

"No, I'll look into it right away," Quinn said. 

"Very well," she simpered, "I'd love to greet the Royal Doctor of Lyx Palace."

━━━━━━━━━━

Iftia: Nvre Palace, Entrance Hallway

Elianna

Elianna felt a sudden shudder down her spine. "Isn't it cold today?"

"What are you saying? It's always cold here," Matthias laughed. 

She rubbed her gloved hands together as she walked out of the main entrance of Nvre. Her feet trudging through the bed of thick snow that had piled up from yesterday's snowstorm. As usually, Matthias always saw her out whenever she leaves Nvre for the Royal Medical Department. As usual, Matthias would ask, "Are you heading to the Royal Medical Department today?"

"Yes, I have to complete some experiments there," she replied.

"Can I go with you?" he requested.