25. Iftia

Thethia: Mt

Thethia: Mt. Plytois, House in the Mountain

Elianna 

"Ready to go?" Rowan asked.

Elianna wished she could tell him that she's ready but there was an unsettling feeling within her. She had never left Thethia and she wondered if it was okay for her to leave. Gripping onto her small luggage with several books packed and a set of clothes within, she hugged it tightly against her chest. Her eyes never left the house which sheltered her for the past ten years.  

"I had my knights to cast the portal with me earlier in the day. You can return to this place anytime," Rowan reminded, his voice softened when he looked at her. 

"R-Right, I'm sorry! Let's get going," she fumbled with her words, knowing that she was perhaps feeling too sentimental about leaving this place. Going to Iftia was a wise move since Thethia was still hunting her down and she needed to stay alive for everyone. Elianna promised them that she would live well, for them. 

She quickly followed behind Rowan and the knights already stood in their position. A magic circle expanded beneath their feet and she became nervous. Thunder stood close to her and Rowan reached to hold onto her hand and in a matter of seconds, they disappeared within the blinding glow. 

When she opened her eyes again, they had arrived in Iftia. 

Cold winds howled fierce sending chills right down Elianna's back and when she looked forward, she saw the entire place was covered in a sea of white. Iftia looked different. Snow covered every surface and fluffs of white danced in the directions of the winds. Thethia would snow, but it was never this heavy. Before arriving here, Rowan explained that it always snowed in Iftia and snowstorms were common. At first sight, Iftia was pure white and hauntingly beautiful. 

"Came back to a snowstorm," Alec grumbled.

Another gush of frigid wind blew past them mercilessly and Elianna shivered, internally whining about her inappropriate attire for the current climate. Subconsciously, she reached out to grab on Rowan's arm. He turned to look at her, chuckling when she trembled violently in cold. 

Thick clothing had already appeared out of nowhere and he draped a mantle across her shoulders, making her feel better with another layer of warmth but she was still trembling because her body had yet accustomed to the cold. Then, Rowan whispered something in Iftiac while a small glow appeared and dusted through the cloak. In an instant, she felt as though she was wrapped in a cloak of warmth that thawed her freezing body. He smiled, "Magic warmth comes in handy in Iftia." 

She glanced towards the man beside her, only to see him smile at her while he smoothed a hand into her hair, removing flakes of snow that fell atop her head. Her heart thumped noisily and heat travelled above the length of her neck. She was starting to doubt that she felt cold a moment ago.