30. Medical Records

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Elianna's Bedchamber

Elianna

Elianna woke up with a splitting headache. She looked around and realised that she was back in her own bedchamber. How did I get back here? 

She rolled off her bed and walked towards the couch, only to see Thunder sleeping soundly. Her hand reached out to pet on its head, gently brushing its short fur with her fingers. Thunder let out a groggy purr but remained asleep. The light was shining through the windows and Elianna formed a barrier of shadows around him, allowing it to sleep more comfortably in the dark. 

On her way to the bath, she was feeling faint and the headache was terribly uncomfortable. Regardless, she still dragged herself to the bath because she needed to get to the dining hall in time to have the morning meal with everyone. Cursing under her breath, she swore to never touch that burning liquid or whatever that was called again. Wait

A sudden thought struck her and she felt that she had forgotten something really important. What's the drink called again? She raised her hands to her head as she forced her mind to recall the events from yesterday. Fragments of memories came back to her as she remembered hugging an empty crystal bottle and Alec said something. Moonshine. 

Yes, the drink is called Moonshine. What about it? 

Elianna's head hurts but she just could not remember how she made it back to her room. Hunching forward, she ruffled her hair into a ball of mess. Then, a memory of Rowan carrying her flashed through her mind. Oh god. That was all that she could remember. No matter how much she tried zooming into that memory, it was all fuzzy and confusing. Elianna slowly let her knees fall to the ground as she crouched in embarrassment, hoping that she could hide away from the world. 

━━━━━━━━━━

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Dining Hall

Rowan 

"Rowan!" 

Tristan's voice jarred him out of his dazed state and he looked towards his knight, surprised by his sudden loudness. Right. He hadn't recovered from the shock of the kiss from last night. It kept him wide awake at night by the pleasant surprise and he wondered if the lady knew what she was doing or was it all because she was drunk. If it was the latter, he would murder anyone who dared to offer her alcohol. Composing himself, he responded to Tristan, "What is it?" 

"Are you okay? You feel so off today," Tristan asked, frowning at him. 

Of course, he wouldn't tell them what happened. Looking towards the chair beside him he asked, "Where's Elianna?" 

"We thought you would check on her," Alec replied. 

"I'll check on her later if she didn't come for breakfast. It's getting late, please start," Rowan made his way to his seat and all of them proceeded with breakfast. Over the table, the knights discussed with him about the day's plan and they continued to talk about work since Elianna wasn't here.