27. First Day in Iftia

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Elianna's Bedchamber

Elianna

After Rowan left, Elianna sat on her bed and wondered what she could do since she wasn't feeling weary. Since she left Thethia Royal Grounds ten years ago, she couldn't remember the last time she slept during the night. Thunder circled around her bed to watch her and she held her palm out, deciding that since wouldn't find her, she shall train with her gift. 

Dark shadows surrounded her as they glided through the room, painting it in a canvas of black. She focused on containing them within the perimeter she wanted them to stay in. Like wild beasts, her shadows were difficult to tame and they always attempted to break free from her command if she lacked concentration. 

Just then, Elianna sensed someone walking past her room and her shadows morphed into a sea of arms, trying to reach for the life near them. Elianna quickly closed her hands and pulled on her shadows to forcefully draw them back, she sensed their resentment and warned, "Take a look at who you're trying to rebel against before attempting."

Her shadows quickly quietened down and she kept them on a leash, not allowing them to run rampant against her commands. Her emotions were much stabler than before and it was easier to tame these iniquitous entities of hers. Elianna couldn't help but always think back of the day she was gifted because she was the one who manifested her grief and acrimony into the shadows. Taming them, was only her way of acquiescing herself. 

This was a side of her that she had to carefully hide from everyone else. It would be better if Rowan and the rest didn't learn this side of her. Withdrawing all her shadows, Elianna looked towards Thunder and smiled, "It's a lot better today, isn't it?" 

The panther nodded at her and jumped up the bed. He lowered himself beside her and rested his head against his crossed forelimbs. Thunder closed his eyes and let out a lazy yawn as the first light of morning shone through the window and Elianna knew that she had lost her chance to sleep. She climbed off the bed, not forgetting to lower the curtains around her bed to shield Thunder away from the brightness and allowing it to fall asleep in comfortable darkness. 

Then, she turned and went into the bath to freshen up. By the time she was done, there was a knock on the door and someone announced, "Lady Elianna, it's me. I'm here to bring you to the dining hall." 

Elianna recognised the voice as Kaylon and she shouted from within her bedchamber, "Please give me a moment!" 

She made a dash into the dressing room and put on the first dress she managed to grab. Thankfully, it was a simple pale blue dress, nothing fancy. She dressed as quickly as she could before opening the door for Kaylon. She smoothed her hands on the skirt of her dress and breathed hard, "I'm ready."  

"What about Thunder?" 

"Thunder sleeps in the day, I'll bring some food for him after the morning meal," Elianna was still trying to catch her breath from the rush.