45. Truth Be Told

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Large Foyer

Elianna •

"Your Highness, please do not advance any further!" The guards from the main entrance exclaimed. 

Your Highness?  Elianna turned to her head to the side and looked at the Rowan, who was standing right beside her. Then, she noticed the change in his expression as it darkened and dulled with unreadable emotions. Her gaze went back towards the entrance and she came to her realisation. Matthias? 

"Seriously, don't stop me!" A familiar voice grumbled from outside which proved her assumption right. "I'm not here to seek trouble! I just want to talk to Doctor Everson!"

Elianna marched forward to push on the heavy doors and stepped outside.  Matthias was trapped in the middle to two crossed spears as he pushed on them effortfully, trying to get past the guards. Looking at the Second Prince sternly, she folded her arms in front of her chest and asked, "Your Highness, what are you trying to do?" 

His head shot up and glared at her. "Elianna! Who the hell said that you can go to the borders?" he shouted, discarding all his princely manners. 

"Why are you getting so worked up?" Elianna frowned, not understanding but feeling very worried about his agitation. She remembered sending a letter to Nvre the night before, addressing to Matthias to tell him that she would be heading to the borders to provide medical aid. Yet, she didn't expect that Matthias would stomp his way to Lyx to yell at her. 

"As the Second Prince of Iftia, I disallow it!" he shouted. 

"What?" Elianna raised her voice louder than she expected while her brows nipped together into a frown. 

Everyone surrounding them was dumbfounded. They simply rotated their gaze back and forth trying to understand the whole situation. She immediately realised that this was the first time she had spoken so loudly in annoyance since she arrived here. Not far from where she stood was a perplexed Tristan and an utterly confused Kaylon. They were staring at her with their jaws dropped. She hurriedly glanced towards Matthias, who was equally baffled. However, Matthias instantly snapped out of his paralysed state and argued, "Don't you understand how dangerous it is now and you want to go there?" 

"I can handle it!" 

"I said no!"

"Why are you being like that?" Elianna exhaled.

She was growing frustrated because regardless of what Matthias was going to say, she would insist on going. Therefore, it all seemed so pointless that they were just standing around to bicker with one another. 

Turning around, Matthias backed away a little and she thought he was going to return. Elianna reached forward wanting to apologise because she didn't want to leave the Royal Grounds on bad terms with him but he suddenly turned back and claimed, "Fine, I'll go with you then!"