32. Second Prince of Ifita

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Elianna's Bedchamber

Elianna

When Elianna regained consciousness, she was already in her room. Thunder spread across the length of the bed beside her and her movements must've woke him up because his ears moved before his head raised to look at her. Those glowing emerald eyes scanned her carefully, checking on her. 

She smiled and petted his head, letting him know that she was feeling okay. Seemingly satisfied at the gesture, a gentle purr elicited from the back of his throat. She continued to play with Thunder, nuzzling his neck while giggling softly at the ticklish feelings when his fur brushed against her cheeks. 

Then, she felt one strong arm snaked across her waist and pulled her back. Shrieking at the sudden force, she spun her head around and saw Rowan on the other side of her bed. His bright blue eyes were clouded with sleep and he raised his other hand to rake through those falling strands of dark hair.

"You're awake," he said.

His presence startled her and she pinched herself to make sure that she wasn't dreaming or in a daze. When the pain flared up her arm, she winced and he pulled on her hand, scolding, "What are you doing to yourself?" 

"W-Why a-are you here?" she stuttered. "Why a-are you in my bed?" 

"You were injured last night, couldn't leave you alone," he looked at her innocently.

Elianna pulled the covers away to reveal her left thigh and she was able to move it again. There was no deep wound and no scar as if it wasn't the leg that she nearly crippled yesterday. She raised her leg and swung it side-to-side in the air, staring at it in disbelief. It wasn't long before she remembered the blinding glow and the sea of fire that erupted from her thigh all the way up her body. There was a choking heaviness when she remembered the burn but she asked Rowan, "Did you heal me?" 

Rowan didn't respond to her question, only pulling her towards him once more so that her back was all against his front. She tried to wiggle out of his hold but he held her right in place, giving her no room to escape. 

"You woke up too early, love," his voice was raspy with sleep. "Let's sleep for a while longer."

Her eyes directed towards the windows and realised that it was still dark outside. Indeed, she still felt sleepy but having him by her side wasn't going to help her sleep. Especially when she could feel his breath tingling against the nape of her neck and his warm against her skin. Her heart raced and she murmured nervously, "R-Rowan, can you let go of me?" 

"No."

Left with no choice, she decided to struggle out of his arm. He lifted his head slightly and his lips brushed against her ear, causing her to freeze and the hand that was holding her waist had pulled her closer and once again erased all the space between their skin.