42. Those Eyes

Iftia: Krystal Palace, Dining Hall

Elizabeth •

Quinn entered the dining hall shortly after and he pulled Rowan from the ground, swinging his arm across his shoulder as he supported the unconscious prince against him. Elizabeth instructed, "Place him in the guest bedchamber and bring her here." 

"Yes, Your Highness," Quinn turned around and left the dining hall. 

Elizabeth closed her hand into fists, bunching tightly onto the tablecloth. She breathed deeply, reminding herself that she mustn't fail her tasks here and she definitely wasn't going to let a single royal doctor ruin everything that she had worked hard for till now. 

Little doctor, little doctor, who are you?

━━━━━━━━━━

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Large Foyer

Elianna

Elianna was on her way back from the Medical Office when she heard a huge commotion happening at the large foyer. Her feet pivoted towards the noises but a hand shot out to hold onto her arm, pulling her behind a large pillar. Alarmed, she spun around ready to fight back but she immediately recognised the person in front of her. His other hand raised and clamped over her mouth. "I'm sorry for being rude, Elianna. Please just stay here quietly for now."

"Tristan," she whispered but her voice was muffled up and incomprehensible behind Tristan's hand. He let go immediately but still holding onto her in a protective stance. She noticed the tension and unease in his expression. In a low voice, she asked, "What happened?"

Tristan shook his head slightly. Pointing to his ear, he signalled for her to listen to the commotion. Her attention shifted from Tristan towards the overstrung conversation behind the pillar.

"Her Highness requested for the presence of Doctor Everson," a man stated, indifference tinted his tone.

Surprised that her name was mentioned, Elianna strained to listen to the ongoing commotion. She slowly turned around, careful with her movements. Her body bent slightly allowing her to have a glimpse of the scene while Tristan stood behind her, defensive and protective.

"As I mentioned, Sir Quinn, you need to state a reason," Ilias reminded coldly and this was the first time Elianna ever saw him so enraged.

"Well," the man shrugged nonchalantly, the lack of respect seemed apparent. "Sir Ilias, if you do not want anything to happen to Prince Rowan, then I suggest you call Doctor Everson now."

A sudden shock shot through her, causing her back to straighten uncomfortably. Her feet lifted, ready to move but Tristan held her back. She turned her head sharply and shot Tristan a piercing gaze but he only fixed his eyes on her and shook his head, reminding her not to act recklessly. Left without any option, she halted her movement and waited impatiently for the situation to elaborate itself.