Chapter 6 - My brothers best friend

I blasted my music through the whole house. With Cody still at practice and Mom at work, I was left alone and I could finally behave just the way I wanted to. 

I sang, danced and smoked out of the window, no need to sneak out to the terrace today. It was fantastic. Exactly what I needed and deserved after that hell of a day.

Getting caught in between a fight, knowing Cody had fucking punched someone and Romeos angry eyes piercing into me, that was enough to give me another anxiety attack in that very moment. Fortunately Tame Impala started playing and I could let loose. Hell yeah!

After I had calmed down in the bathroom at school, I had told Amelie and Luke about what had happen. Letting out the anxiety attack of course. I wasn't ready to tell them about those yet. I knew I could trust them, but it would just make me feel weak and all I wanted at this point was to feel like a fucking man. 

(A/N: I know masculinity is a concept and men should be able to cry and do whatever they want without not feeling manly and shit, but Blake doesn't understand that yet. So have a little patience with the boy xx)

Ok me dancing through the house singing Tame Impala and Wallows could defeat that point in the eyes of some people, but fuck them. 

Amelie and Luke told me, that that was just how Romeo really was. Going around punching people that crossed his path. They were surprised that Jaxson and Cody seemed to have been involved in the fight though. Normally he is a loner and fights his battles himself without any help. I guess from what I saw I could say he would have been pretty capable of doing so.

They couldn't really imagine why his friends would get involved and why he would let them, but there must be a good reason. I mean, I could just ask Cody. But would he tell me the truth? He used to be honest with me about everything, but he also used to not get into stupid fights, so... Guess that was out of the question. 

When "Come and Get your Love" by Redbone started playing I just danced like a maniac, letting everything out and forgetting the world. 

"Well somebody is in a good mood" my mother chuckled. When did she arrive? 

I actually wasn't really in a good mood but dancing like nobody was watching, really cheered me up. I started to dance in her direction. "What are you doing?" She asked with a frown on her face, as I took her briefcase and pulled her onto the "dance floor", also known as our living room. 

"Come on mom let loose a little! Just close your eyes and feel the music!" A smile appeared on her face before she slipped out of her heels and started to dance with me. She danced a little more graceful than me, but who cares. She even began to sing along. We started to have a lip sync battle, it was amazing. When the song was over I couldn't catch my breath, thats how extreme I had danced. 

Panting like we had run a marathon, we fell on the sofa. "Honey I am 40 years old! I am very much allowed to be exhausted after this, but you? Are you out of shape?" she chuckled. 

"Shut up" I giggled. 

"Thats from all the smoking" she laughed. We stayed like this for what felt like an eternity. Nobody dared to move. For once we felt like a normal family and I was afraid, if we got up everything would be back to reality. By the way she breathed I knew she was sad as well. She was trying her best not to show it, but she was. 

"You know you and your brother are the best thing that ever happened to me?" she suddenly said and my heart felt heavy. 

"Mom-"

"I mean it honey. I want to thank god every day, that I have you by my side and Cody and I would give up everything just for you two, you know that, right?" she said as she began to tear up.