Chapter 33 - Turning upside down

The music was loud, a little too loud if you ask me and I waited for all those disgusted gasps and the loud laughter, but the mood in the room didn't change. I still had my hands clutched in front of my face, while I waited for the disaster to strike, but it never came. Slowly and carefully, I peeked through my fingers, then looked up to see some people still staring at their phone and probably at the picture, some were looking at me and Romeo and whispered something to one another and others simply didn't care. Then after maybe a solid 30 seconds of uncomfortable starring, people simply shrugged and kept on partying like they never saw the picture in the first place.

I faced Romeo, who looked just as stunned by the minimal amount of attention we got from our outing, but also so fucking happy it made me smile. They didn't care. It wasn't a big deal! We were finally free and it all went so good! "Well then, since we have that sorted out, you can go now" Jaxson said to Camilla, obviously pissed, that she actually went through with sending out that picture, because no matter the reaction, good or bad, from the others, it was still very emotional to come out, especially if it wasn't on your own terms. He knew that, obviously, and I guess if Jaxson wasn't such a calm guy, he would have argued and insulted Camilla no matter her drunken state.

"Wait- Does nobody here care, that we have two fags in our football team??" Camilla yelled into the crowd, but most people just looked away or shrugged at her. Nobody cared. Nobody fucking cared! I was so filled with pure happiness, that I forgot my brother, my friends and a couple of strangers were near by and I just had to grab a fist full of Romeos shirt and gently yanked him down from his chair, so he basically fell onto me, but got a hold of himself before our lips crashed together and we melted into one. I mean, we still knew that people were probably watching, so we didn't do full tongue and shit, we just simply shared a kiss of happiness, of relief.

This could have gone so wrong, but thankfully people around here were more open minded apparently or actually just didn't care enough to make a big deal out of us two dating. Romeo let his hand rest on my cheek, while we savored that happiness through out our loving kiss. When we pulled away, I leaned my forehead against his, so I could see the sparkle of happiness in his eyes and he could see mine. This really was pure bliss. I was in love and for the first time, it wasn't complicated. It was simple, like breathing or like any other couple who met in a bar, liked each other, went on dates, met each others friends and family, moved in, got a dog, got married and had children. Just as simple as that, it all made sense suddenly.

"How dare you Romeo! You are obviously mentally ill or else you would see, what we both could have! Fuck you! I never wanted you in the first place!" Camilla spat at him, before smacking her lips, fixing her hair and stumbling away from us, finally. "Wow what a crazy bitch" Luke said, obviously stunned, that Camilla was capable of such a desperate and selfish act. I mean, he probably always knew she was a shallow bitch, but outing someone and risking their wellbeing just because you can't have them was next level shit. But to be honest, I couldn't care less about her. Finally I was free and I could be who I really am and love who I really love and no one, that I was close to, disapproved of that. Well except for my father of course, but luckily he didn't know or else he would probably find me and kill me himself, if he even cared enough.

"She is just not used to rejection. That's no excuse for being a complete bitch obviously, but thats just the reason behind her crazy attitude" Jaxson shrugged, taking a sip of his drink. Yeah, obviously Camilla wasn't a complete homophobe, or else she would have taken the piss out of Jaxson as well, but I guess it was just an easy way to try and break me and Romeo up. Thankfully, we were stronger than that and so fucking in love that I don't think she would have succeeded anyway. Well she came close, once, but thats it.

Suddenly Nick, who I haven't even seen leave, came back with a bunch of shots on a plate yelling "And now its time to celebrate bitches!" That idiot. But of course we all joined him, except for Cody, who was going to drive us back. I tried to talk him into me being on driving shift, but he said, after the day I had, I deserved a little distraction. So we drank, we danced, we played some games and drank a little more. It was actually a pretty great evening and I couldn't get enough of acting like a normal couple with Romeo in public, without people being mean about it. Of course we still kept it a little low and didn't full on make out on the dance floor, but that was more for Codys sake.