Chapter 35 - Old faces

Everybody's eyes lingered on the football jock, who just sank to the ground, hyperventilating like crazy and nobody understood what was going on. Romeo immediately fell to his knees besides me, panic filling his voice, since he had no idea to why I was suddenly having such a bad panic attack. Like a really bad one. I mean, I couldn't even stand on my own two feet anymore and I looked like I was about to vomit. I saw Cody out of the corner of my eye, looking worried and about to run over to my side, but suddenly, everybody's eyes darted to the new boy, or rather guy, who was escorted by three large, what appeared to be bodyguards, into our school. 

To everybody, that must have seen strange and it was also pretty obvious, that this was the cause of my panic attack, seen as my eyes were fixated in horror on the sympathetic looking guy, who just entered our schools hallway. Romeo glanced around, frowning at to what everybody was looking at, but then very quickly turned his attention back to me, since whatever it was could wait, seen as I needed his attention right now. Then there was a loud scream, more of a roar, and everybody's eyes now snatched to my brother, who had let his books fall to the ground as he spotted Ray. 

"I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!" he yelled with so much power. Cody started to sprint, with large steps, into Rays direction, who simply smiled at him, while my brother ran with all his strength at that monster. "Cody-" he smiled, opening his arms wide, as if to greet a family member who he hadn't seen in a few months, but was cut short when Cody jumped into the air, tackling him to the ground. They landed with a low grunt, Cody on top of him, before throwing one good punch. The schools hallway turned into a sea of shocked gasps and whispers, as they all watched the scene in confusion, entertainment and even joy. 

Cody obviously wanted more than one punch, way more, but before he could even aim for another one, Rays bodyguards finally decided to stop him and one of the giants grabbed my big brother under the arms, holding him back. "LET GO OF ME! I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT! LET ME GO!!" he yelled, his face red and I think he was about to cry. Mostly out of too much anger that had build up over the past couple of months. Romeo had his arms wrapped around me protectively, since he obviously caught on to who that must be. If you knew my story, it wasn't too hard to figure out, what was going on right now. To everybody else, it was just straight up strange. Romeo whispered some soothing things into my ear, which I failed to register, while I couldn't tear my eyes away from the scene in front of me. 

"Well, I guess I deserved that. But its so good to see you again Cody! Say, where is he?" Ray smiled. It seemed innocent, but from my point of view, I was about to enter hell. That was an obvious threat, wasn't it?  "DON'T YOU DARE GO NEAR HIM! I WILL CUT YOUR THROAT YOU SICK FREAK!" Cody yelled, but suddenly the big guy dragged him away from Ray, probably handing him over to the principal or shit. "NO! LET ME GO! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING YOU IDIOT! I HAVE TO MAKE HIM PAY! STOP IT!" he yelled, being dragged away.

He tried to get out of the guys grip, but when he noticed, that it was pretty much useless, he turned to Romeo and I, while he was being carried away next to us, before saying "ROMEO! You have to protect him! Please!" As the bodyguard dragged my now crying brother away, the shocked faces of my friends and school mates on him, like he was a freak show, but Romeo simply nodded at my brother, which calmed him a  teeny tiny bit, since he knew Romeo would protect me with his life. And I also knew, that my boyfriend understood. He understood what was going on and he wanted to protect me. If only that was be possible. 

Ray stood up, a little blood coming out of his nose, which he wiped away, the charming smile never leaving his face. Everybody was silent and starring at that weird but nice looking young man, who just got beaten up for no reason, but obviously knew this could happen, since he had bodyguards with him. 

"Well uhh hello everyone! That is really not how I wanted my first day at this school to start, but oh well. Still, I can already see so many beautiful people here! Say young lady, did I miss the entrance and ended up in a modeling agency?" he chuckled, leaning down to some freshman girl, who giggled and blushed just like some other girls and guys did. He already had them wrapped around his finger, even after what everybody saw.