3.9 "I'm Not Scared"

At the bunker. 

I walked into the control room over to Sam and Cass. 

Dean was in his room, taking a shower. 

Sam looked at me "how is he?"

I shrugged "i don't know. "

Sam asked confused "weren't you with him?"

I sat down on the table "I think he's old enough to shower on his own, Sam"

He nodded "okay, i was just asking"

I took a deep breath and drove a hand through my hair "I'm sorry. But it's just-Dean has killed before. We all have. but that was-"

suddenly Dean walked inside "That was what?"

I turned to him "Dean"

Dean "that was a massacre. That's what it was. If you wanted to say that there was a time i was a hunter, not a stone-cold killer? you can say it. You're not wrong. I crossed the line. Guys, this thing has got to go"

He pulled his sleeve up. 

Cass "that won't be easy"

Dean snapped "well, then, burn it off. Cut it off"

Cass "it is more than a physical thing. It will take a powerful force to remove the effect. "

Me "We've been though all the lore. There's nothing"

Cass "this reaches back to the time of creation. It may pre-date the lore. If we had the demon tablet, maybe"

Sam "but you said it was missing"

Cass nodded "it is. There may be another way."

In the basement. 

I chained Metatron to the chair. 

Cass and Sam had found him and brought him here. 

Metatron "nice room. It's where you bring the kinky boys, am i right?"

Me "I need some information"

Metatron "well, information does happen to be a specialty. Got about 2 billion fun facts up here. of course whether i choose to cough one up or not is another matter"

Me "we need to know how to remove the Mark of Cain from Dean's arm"

Metatron froze "what? He's back? because of the Mark? so..he's a demon"

I shook my head "no"

Metatron "okay, what, then?"

I looked at him. 

Metatron "What, did he "kill a human" or something?"

I didn't say anything. 

Metatron gasped shocked "He's gone nuclear. Total, foaming-at-the-mouth, balls out maniac"

He laughed "That's fantastic"

Me "do you know how we can remove it or not?"

Metatron "maybe. But if you expect any help out of me you keep that crazy boyfriend of yours on a short leash. "

Me "Listen, i don't care what happens to you. You killed the man i love. "

I turned around and Dean walked into he room. 

Metatron froze. 

--

Metatron "ain't life a bitch? Nebbishy little guy, me always sticking it to the lunkhead jocks. "