"Promise"

Outside. Night

Sam asked me irritated "wait, Amara was here? how?"

I said kinda amused "you think that's crazy? Apparently she's, like, 12"

Sam asked shocked "What? how is that possible?"

Me "Len's not doing so good. "

Sam "which means? "

Me "I think Amara sucked out his soul"

----

Sam and Dean walked over to me. 

Sam "So, Amara's growing like a radioactive weed?"

I nodded "yeah, by stuffing souls down her throat. "

Sam "does that mean she's gaining more power, too? and for what?"

I shook my head "we better hope that's not the case. That tsunami's gonna hit us sooner or later, right now we gotta deal with what we can deal with. All these spent shells Amara's leaving behind"

Sam "you don't think Len's our Lizzie Borden, do you?"

I shook my head "no, i talked to his neighbors, and except for me seeing im at the B&B, h's been here all night. "

Dean "so, we can't kill him 'cause he hasn't done anything yet"

I looked at Dean confused. 

Sam looked at him brother "Dean, we don't wanna kill him. We wanna save people, remember?"

Dean nodded "right, your new rules"

I rolled my eyes. 

Dean "why hasn't he killed anybody yet? i mean, it took Jenna all of walking downstairs to slit her grandmother's throat. "

Sam "Maybe not everybody who get their soul-sucked out turns into a killer. "

Dean "or maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it yet. All right, well, i think the best thing is we just close until we figured how to help him which starts by you telling him he's got no soul"

He looked at me. 

I raised an eyebrow "Me?"

Dean nodded "Yeah"

Me "why do i have to do it?."

Dean"well , because you've been there, you speak the language."

I nodded "so does Sam"

Dean "he doesn't even know he's been Hoovered yet "

Sam nodded "yeah, but Lena, you have better relationship with him that i do"

Dean nodded "He's right. Yeah, you're better with that while sensitive, verbal messages "

Me "there's no sensitive way o tell him his soul's been sucked out by a pre-historic tween. And even if he believes us is that supposed to make him feel better?"

Dean sighed "fine. "

Me "He can't handle the truth. he's a little fragile right now"

Dean nodded "right. Looks like we're babysitting a 30 year old man"

Sam "There may be someone else Amara got to as well"

Dean "our hatchet man"

Sam "so, the murders started right around the time Len saw Amara, right? Well, the wife of the last victim, Dawn Pinski, had this bizarre reaction to hearing her husband got minced. i mean, like she couldn't care less. That's the kind of way i felt the whole time i was soulless"