Dagon

A few days later. Morning. 

I walked around the corner but froze when I saw Sam and Dean arguing

Dean "what the hell were you thinking?" 

Sam asked confused "what?"

Dean "telling Elena"

Sam "She came to me with photos of you and her together. what was I supposed to do? "

Dean said sarcastic and pissed off "I don't know, Sam, lie to her? Don't act like you are the most honest person on this planet, Sam"

Sam "she lost her memories, not her powers, Dean, she's still an empath. She would've found out the truth either way"

Dean looked down, shaking his head.

Sam "besides that, why don't you want her to know you were in a relationship?"

Dean sighed. 

Sam "Dean"

Dean "There's a chance she could never get her memories back, Sam"

Sam "then make new memories. "

Dean shot him a look "Sam"

Sam "what?"

Dean "maybe this is the decision we have to make in our relationship"

I looked at him confused. 

Sam asked confused "what are you talking about?"

Dean "come on, Sam, I know she talked to you about the biggest issue in our relationship. I know you know everything"

Sam sighed, nodding . 

Dean "she's immortal, I am not. Her not remembering me is the easiest way out"

Sam asked irritated "for who? Dean, I see how much this gets to you, okay? and let's say you die, and Elena happens to remember a couple years later....do you really think that she's gonna like what you did?"

Dean "well, then I'd be too dead to explain myself to her"

Sam rolled his eyes annoyed "Dean"

Dean "she'll understand it"