"You Did Not Fail Me"

At the cemetery. next day,  morning. 

Dean "Alright, this way."

I looked at Sam "What's the word from outside?""

Sam shook his head "Ghosts are still at it, trying to break down the barrier. I left some Hunters at the gym to keep the peace. The rest are set up around the perimeter, in case --"

Dean "In case the spell breaks and a hundred billion ghosts come bursting out.  This better work."

Rowena " It will work. The "Rafforza l'incantesimo" is a potent transubstantiation spell. It can turn gossamer into concrete. Like I said, get me close to the epicenter, find me a nice, protected ghost-free space -- I'll patch those crumbling walls right up, and we'll all be home in time for high tea."

We walked past the rift in the ground. spirits were coming out of it. 

then we stopped walking. 

It was the crypt from the other die. 

Cass nodded, not amused "Ah. Great. A nice, protected space."

Dean said annoyed " Ugh."

Inside. 

 Sam locked the doors. Dean and Castiel scattered the salt. 

Rowena dropped her bag and took her coat off. She opened the Book of the Damned and prepared to perform the spell.

Suddenly something started banging on the door from the outside with force.

Rowena "Prendi ciò che è debole, rendilo forte. D'una piuma d'oca, fai una spada. D'una piuma d'oca, fai una spada. D'una piuma d'oca, fai una spada."

Her eyes glowed violet "Dalla nebbia, cemento.  Dalla nebbia, cemento possente, impenetrabile, inflessibile."

Sam looked at his phone " Looks like it's working."

Rowena " Rendilo forte. Rendilo forte! Rendilo forte. Rendilo forte!"

The bowl clattered to the floor as she fell to the ground.

Me "Rowena?"

She looked at us terrified. 

Rowena sobbed out in fear "We're all going to die."

We all looked at each other. 

--

Rowena tried to stand up " Drink."

Sam "Of course. Dean."

Dean passed him water.

Rowena eyed the water annoyed " A real drink."

I handed her Dean's flask. 

Belphegor "Okay, now that we're waiting for the witch's hooch to kick in, can we finally admit the obvious? Uh, she failed. So if we're keeping scores, that's, uh, 1 for the demon, uh, 0 for the witch."

Rowena " The enchantment couldn't work. No magic could. The spell put me into a -- a communion with the wall. I -- I could feel how weak it is, how close to collapse -- and I could feel why. I could feel them. All of them."

Sam "All of them? Them who?

Rowena "The spirits. Their anger and their hatred, writhing and raging. They're pressed up against those walls breaking them down. There are too many, and they're too wild and desperate and angry. Together, they are too strong. Those walls will fall, and there's no magic on Earth can stop it."