"Why Are You Giving Up On Us?"

At a motel. Night. 

I felt Dean jerk up next to me. 

He was breathing heavily. 

I yawned and turned to him, tiredly "hey"

Dean put a hand on my leg.

Me "bad dream?"

He nodded "It's fine."

I sat up "You want to talk about it?"

Dean shook his head "No, I'm – No, I'm okay.  Why don't you get some sleep?"

Me "You know, Dean, you don't have to act like what you're planning to do is just business as usual. I-I know you're scared."

Dean "Never said I wasn't scared. But it doesn't matter."

Me "Doesn't matter? We know we could die, uh, doing what we do. It's always a possibility. But what you're talking about is far worse than death. Michael's an archangel. He could literally keep you buried in a coffin, alive, forever."

Dean stood up and turned to me "Okay. I get it. But what's the other option, huh? Michael gets outta my head and ends the world? 'Cause it's all right there in Billie's book."

Me "Yeah, but that's only if we don't find another way to take Michael off the board, and there has to be another way."

Dean "And what is that other way?"

I sighed. 

Dean nodded "Exactly."

Morning. at a parking lot. 

Dean "Hey. I-I just want to make sure that you're still with me on this thing. You're gonna see it through to the end."

I nodded "Well, I gave you my word, didn't I?"

Dean "Okay, alright. Just, you know, after what you said last night, I-I-I don't need you, Mom and Sam coming up with some way to stop me."

Me "You know, Mary hates this. I hate this."

Dean nodded "i know"

Me "And Cas and Jack, you haven't even told them. Hell, you haven't even told your own brother, Dean"

Dean "Okay, well, yeah, that's because I'm not good with the whole big goodbyes, alright? I-I-I don't need to get shaky on this thing."

I shook my head "Wouldn't be the worst thing."

Dean shot me a look. 

I sighed.

Dean "You know what Michael wants to do, you know that this will stop it, and you know that there's no other way. So, just put the end of this trip outta your head, okay?"

then he got out of the Impala. 

I took my phone out and called Sam. 

Sam "Len?"

Me "Sammy"

Sam "Were you able to talk him out of it?"

Me "a stone would be easier to convince than your brother. Uh, any luck?"

Sam "I-I did as you asked. I've-I've looked for any possible way to forcibly extract Michael and destroy him. But so far, nothing."

Me "And what about Rowena?"

Cass"She went through the entire Book of the Damned and found nothing. And I told her to do it again, see if she missed something, and uh... well, the woman has a remarkable command of profanity."

I nodded "Alright, thanks. Uh, keep going."

Cass"Elena. Maybe if I spoke with Dean..."

Sam sighed "Cass. Trust me, Elena would have asked us for help if he saw any light at the end of the tunnel"

I nodded "he's right. It wouldn't matter. Believe me, I-I I've never seen him like this. He won't listen to me. H-He just – No. If we don't find some way... Dean's gone. I don't think i would able to handle that"