God

Dean "What the hell's going on here, exactly?"

Chuck " I'm happy to... fill in the blanks, but maybe we should go somewhere where we could actually sit down."

Dean shook his head " We're not going anywhere with you. Okay, how do we even know that you're really Chuck and not just some "

Suddenly we were at the bunker.

Chuck "crazy spell or manifest...ation. "

Suddenly Kevin appeared behind Chuck. 

i smiled " Kevin?"

Kevin smiled "Guys! You're looking stressed. "

He gestured to Dean " Especially you. I-It's cool. Trust Chuck. Whatever it is he needs you to do, he must think you can handle it. I always trusted you."

I said hurt "and look how that turned out for you"

Kevin gave me a sad smile. 

Sam" How did you – Are you okay, or – uh?"

Kevin nodded " Um... Yeah, I mean, you know, given the circumstances."

Chuck ndded "Yeah, I don't mean to interrupt. Kind of a plateful here. And, Kevin... you've been in the Veil long enough. It's time you had an upgrade."

Then he waved his hand and Kevin's soul left through the ceiling. 

Dean's jaw dropped "Holy crap."

---

Sa " Okay. So, wow, um, Chuck –Well, I guess we don't call you that, huh?"

Chuck nodded " I prefer it."

Sam " Okay, uh, "Chuck" it is. I'm sorry. You're gonna have to, uh, give Dean, Len and me a moment to start to process. We didn't even know you were around. I mean, we knew about Chuck, but we just didn't know about... Chuck. I mean, I-I-I was hoping you were around. I-I-I prayed and I- but I don't know if they got, uh, lost in the spam or if—"

Dean " Sam?"

Sam looked at him "Yeah?"

Me "Babbling."

Sam nodded " Okay."

Chuck looked at Dean "I'm getting that not everyone's totally on board."

Dean "Here's the thing, um...Chuck... And I mean no disrespect. Um... I'm guessing you came back to help with the Darkness, and that's great. That's, you know – It's fantastic. Um, but you've been gone a – a... long, long time. And there's so much crap that has gone down on the Earth for thousands of years. I mean, plagues and wars, slaughters. And you were, I don't know, writing books, going to fan conventions. Were you even aware, o-or did you just tune it out?"

Chuck nodded " I was aware, Dean."

Dean " But you did nothing. And, again, I-I'm not trying to piss you off. You know, I don't want to turn into a pillar of salt."

Chuck " I actually... didn't do that."

Dean " Okay. People – People pray to you. People build churches for you. They fight wars in your name, and you did nothing."

Chuck sighed " You're frustrated. I get it. Believe me, I was hands-on – Real hands-on for, wow, ages. I was so sure if I kept stepping in, teaching, punishing, that these beautiful creatures that I created... would grow up. But it only stayed the same. And I saw that I needed to step away and let my baby find its way. Being overinvolved is no longer parenting.  It's enabling."

Dean " But it didn't get better."

Chuck "Well, I've been mulling it over. And from where I sit, I think it has."