"I Saw You Dead"

A few days later. At a Cafe. 

I sat down next to Dean.

Sam "Alright, nothing on Amara. Nothing on Cas... Keep your head up. We're gonna win this. Remember?"

Dean nodded "Yeah that was before two weeks of squat."

Sam nodded "Yeah well look, nobody said is was gonna be easy. You know the drill, in the meantime, we hunt. Check this out."

Sam pulled out his iPad with the case information on it "Naoki Himura. Said her little girl was attacked by an entity."

Dean "Kid's in a coma."

Sam "Yeah. Only site of trauma is what the mom is describing as a handprint from the alleged attacker. But no one else was in the house at the time, so..."

Dean "So vengeful spirit? Poltergeist?"

Sam "It's worth finding out. It's only a couple hours away."

Dean "You really think now is the time to take our eye off the prize?"

am "Dean we can't just sit around and - and wait for a lead. Plus, it would be nice to get a win, this case seems like a lay-up."

Dean scoffed "Yeah, when's the last time we had a lay-up?"

At  ST. ELIGIUS HOSPITAL .

Naoki "My wife is flying back, but her flight's been delayed in London, so... I'm alone in all this."

She looked at her daughter. 

Sam "Well, we're here to help however we can."

Naoki nodded "I appreciate that, but why would the FBI have any interest in this?"

Sam "Just - doing our due diligence. You know what, why don't you go ahead and tell us about the night of the attack?"

Naoki "Nobody believes there was an attack. Even the internet thinks I'm crazy."

Dean "Well we don't."

Naoki"Okay, well... Kat woke up screaming. I thought she was just having a nightmare. But she said she heard footsteps. And that she felt something - bad - in the house."

Me "Did you also hear footsteps?"

Naoki "No."

Me "Did you notice anything else? Cold spots, or flickering lights."

She nodded "Yeah, actually. The lights were out in her room. And it was cold in there. What does that mean?"

Dean "Would you mind if we went and had a look at your house?"

Naoki "Sure, yeah, if you think it's gonna help. There's a hide-a-key under a painted rock by the front door."

I smiled "Great. Thank you for your help."

she nodded "Yeah, sure."

At Naoki's house. 

We walked up the front porch. 

A Neighbor looked at us "Excuse me! Can I help you ?"

Me "Maybe. Special Agent Hotchner. These are my partners Special Agent Rizer and Bean. We-"

She asked confused "Why do the FBI keep coming back to that house?"

I Asked confused "Excuse me?"