Chapter 12: Home

First of all, 500+ reads! ! ! 90+ votes! ! ! (wooot wooot)

Thank you so much for supporting this story! It really means a lot to me!

 And as a reward, here is the chapter I've been waiting to post for a looooooong time! (11 hours)

-TheGreatestConWoman-

They were on board one of the largest warships in the Fire Nation's Royal Navy

They were on board one of the largest warships in the Fire Nation's Royal Navy. Princess Azula was perched on her royal palanquin, looking over the crew as they hustled to get everything prepared. They will be docking soon on the West Coast of the Earth Kingdom. Chiyo stood behind Princess Azula, looking out at the vast blue seas.

The crew lined up and bowed low to the Fire Nation Princess as she stepped out of the palanquin. "My brother and my uncle have disgraced the Fire Lord and brought shame on all of us." She walked across the deck, addressing each soldier with a glare that could cut through metal. "You may have mixed feelings about attacking members of the royal family, I understand. But I assure you...If you hesitate, I will not hesitate to bring you down." Seeing as how they seemed to get the message, she dismissed them.

"Princess, I'm afraid the tides will not allow us to bring the ship into port before nightfall..." The captain of the ship approached and bowed before the princess.

"I'm sorry, Captain, but I do not know much about the tides. Can you explain something to me?"

"Of course, Your Highness."

"Do the tides command this ship?" She looked over at the horizon, watching the waves rise and fall in the distance. In her thoughts, it looked like the new captain of the warship was undermining her authority. And she will not have it.

The captain hesitantly answered the princess. "I'm afraid I don't understand—"

"You said the tides would not allow us to bring the ship in. Do the tides command this ship?"

The captain was silent and this frustrated the princess even more. "Chiyo! Come down here and explain to the captain why he should not be afraid of the tides."

The young woman sighed and stood up from beside Lo and Li who were idly chatting about the young men of the crew. She made her way down the deck to where the captain and Azula stood. She turned to the captain with apologetic eyes. "Umm.... what Princess Azula means to say is that you shouldn't be afraid of the tides who will instantly kill you. You should be afraid of her who is still mulling it over."

The captain's eyes widened in understanding and he bowed. "I-I'll pull us in." And like a wolf-bat from hell, he ran to find the helmsman.

Azula laughed and faced Chiyo. "That ought to teach him, right, Chiyo?"

"You can try to be a bit more friendly, Princess Azula." She leaned against the ship, staring up at the vast blue sky that mirrored the sea. One of the perks she had earned over the years with Azula, she can be as blunt she wanted and not receive a shot of lightning afterwards.