Chapter 49: Dance with Me

Try "On the Beach" (from timestamp 1:00 to 3:20 ish) by Richard Gibbs and Jonathan Davis for this one. :) (Yeshhh, the one from Queen of the Damned)

-TheGreatestConWoman-

Also, shoutout to AnimationzRule for absolutely reading my mind. This one's for you

and for everyone that has read the story so far, thank you!

*bows X 2020*

            "I didn't know Chiyo was such a great dancer!"

"She's so pretty with makeup!"

"Yeah! And her swordbending was so awesome, too!"

"Sokka, swordbending isn't a thing..."

"Of course it is! Hey, where did Zuko go?"

Zuko left the booth and slipped into the backstage to find Chiyo

Zuko left the booth and slipped into the backstage to find Chiyo. She saw her sitting in front of a mirror, still in the dress and makeup from her performance, staring at her own reflection aimlessly.

He grabbed a couple of fake flower props from a box and approached her. "You're still amazing as ever, Chiyo."

She looked up at him through the mirror and gave him a small smile. "Thank you, Zuko."

He gave her the flowers and stood behind her. "I couldn't find any fire lilies fast enough. I hope these will do."

"They're lovely." She cradled the flowers in her arms and used the tips of her fingers to touch the bright paper petals.

"Not as much as you."

Chiyo turned her head to look at him, a deep blush painting her cheeks. "Zuko..."

He turned her chair around, gripping the armrests, and leaned in until their faces were only a few inches apart. "May I ask you a question, Chiyo?"