Bonus Chapter

Before I post the final chapter of "The Concubine's Apprentice" here's (an excuse to buy time and procrastinate while writing the final chapter) a bonus chapter.

This bonus chapter contains initial plans and ideas that I had for the plot of "The Concubine's Apprentice" that didn't actually make the "cut". Like, I wanted a LOT of things to happen but:

1) They're too cliché.

2) They don't fit the plot too much.

3) It's hard to create a good development with them.

and Etc.

So anyways, in memory of these ideas, I wanna put them into writing and share them with ya'll coz:

1) Ya'll awesome!

2) Ya'll rock!

3) I'm awesome too. *gags*

Let me know what you guys think! XOXO

-TheGreatestConWoman-

*spoiler alert* There WERE chapters when Zuko and Chiyo were supposed to meet BEFORE Chapter 43.

Idea #1: Suiren was supposed to be content with being a concubine.

But you know me, I LOVE the drama. I LOVE the tragedy. So I had to make her bitter. I wanted her to be a strong character that will shape Chiyo, not some docile wallflower content with dancing and singing for the Fire Lord.

Idea #2: Suiren was supposed to turn into a villain.

In connection with #1, or rather in contrast with it, Suiren would want to be the Fire Lady. Someway somehow, she was to become power-hungry and attempt to stop Ozai's abdication to Azula. This greed will now force Chiyo to turn away from her mentor. 

This ALMOST happened, but I thought this would make Chiyo lose her character (a loving apprentice to her mentor). Also, full-fledged entertainers cannot, under law, hold any government office. *OOPSIE* Therefore, no way to Fire Lady Suiren.

Idea #3: Chiyo was supposed to sneak into Zuko's ship upon his banishment.

It was young love. But upon thinking about it, she was just a kid. And most, if not all, kids (particularly Asian) have a hard time parting with parental figures (I'm 23 and I still live with parents.) Also, @Sire00 also said that their separation was essential for Zuko's character development, and later on, redemption arc. Also would've led to cliché retelling of Book 1.