Chapter 55: Sozin's Comet (Part 2)

I know it isn't a performance, but try listening to 'Vendetta' by Park Young Ik.

Chills. Literal chills.

-TheGreatestConWoman-

            "Katara," Chiyo tried her best to compose herself, keeping her eyes trained on the princess

"Katara," Chiyo tried her best to compose herself, keeping her eyes trained on the princess. "Do whatever it takes to heal Zuko. I'll handle this."

Through all the confusion, the waterbender knelt beside Zuko and started working on his injury before it was too late.

"Y-you're a-alive?!" Azula could not believe what she was seeing. Her friend. One that she, only recently had come to terms with, thought was gone. Here she was, right in front of her. "A-all this time?!"

Chiyo reached out to her. "Princess Azula..."

Azula stopped her hand from taking Chiyo's and pulled it back. "I-it can't be! If you think you can fool me with this, you're all wrong!"

"You have to stop this, Princess Azula. Prince Zuko is not your enemy. We are not your enemy."

She covered her ears, clutching her disheveled hair and wanting to pull them out. "NO! STOP TALKING! You're not real... You're not REAL!"

Chiyo dared to take one step closer, only to have Azula take two steps back.

"NO! Stay away from me!"

"I am your friend—"

"NO! My friend is dead! Everybody else betrayed me! They all left me! You're not even real! Chiyo would never betray me like this! "

With a swift motion, Chiyo caught Azula's wrist. "I am real. I am alive." She was desperate to show her, hoping to convey the sincerity through her eyes. "And I am not betraying you. I'm trying to save you!"

Azula shrieked and pulled her hand away frantically as if she was being burned. As she stumbled back, she sent a ball of flames in her direction, thinking it would make the illusion disappear.

The apprentice saw it coming and quickly spun out of the way, much like she had always done when she and the princess sparred. "You know I can always dodge those!" She called out to her, hoping Azula would see that she was real. "No matter how fast you were, I was always faster."

The princess sent shot after shot of fire, trying to rid herself of the supposed illusion of her old friend. "GO AWAY!"

Chiyo tried her best to dodge every shot, taking her attacks as far away as possible from Katara and Zuko. Eventually, they found themselves in the Royal Gardens.