Chapter 54: Sozin's Comet (Part 1)

The darkness of the sky slowly turned blood-red as Sozin's Comet streaked across the sky. All the firebenders aboard the airship fleet felt their chi strengthening; felt the incredible power brought on by the comet. They waited patiently for the signal of the commander, the Phoenix King.

"It's time for this world to end in fire. And for a new world to be born from the ashes!"

Once the comet was within sight, they set off.

            After the mess in the Royal Spa, Azula headed for the throne room and called for the Dai Li

After the mess in the Royal Spa, Azula headed for the throne room and called for the Dai Li. She sat on the throne as her father did and blue flames brought the room a dim light. Her anger grew each passing second that she was alone, making the flames burn higher.

Finally, seven agents came in and knelt before the princess. "You sent for us, princess? Is everything alright?"

"Actually, everything's not all right!" She glared down at the men with her golden eyes. "Do you know how long it took you to get here?!"

"Uh... A few minutes, I guess?"

"Five, to be precise! In which time an assassin could have snuck in, done away with me, and been on his merry way!"

The Dai Li bowed their heads, hiding their expressions with their wide brimmed helmets. "My apologies, princess."

But she was far from done. "Is this how you plan to treat your new Fire Lord?! With tardiness and disloyalty?!"

"The Dai Li would never betray you!" One of the agents dared look up and spoke fiercely.

"And I'm sure that's just what you told Long Feng before you turned against him and joined me!" For Azula, there was absolutely no one she could trust. Everyone else has already betrayed her. "It's better to take out the weed before it takes root." "You are all banished!"

"B-but—"

"Goodbye!"

With unreadable expressions in every individual, the Dai Li left.

"No one can be trusted. No one."