Chapter 50: Problems

"Your Majesty, there still hasn't been any sightings of the apprentice ever since her escape from the Boiling Rock." The war minister bowed in front of the Fire Lord, anxious from having delivered news of failure. "I have the best men looking for her and scouring everywhere she could possibly hide—"

"There's no need. I know where she is."

"M-my Lord?" 

Fire Lord Ozai stared into the depths of the fire that separated his throne from the rest of the room, its light shining against the tall pillars, casting shadows 'all around. "She's with my treacherous son, and the Avatar's band of misfits."

"What shall we do, my Lord? The Fire Sages and the Council insist on having her during the coronation ceremony."

He stood up, clenching his fist at his sides, rage evident in his face. "Apprentice or no apprentice, once Sozin's Comet comes, I am THE PHOENIX KING!"

            Aang was fast to master the basics of firebending, but not fast enough, making Zuko restless

Aang was fast to master the basics of firebending, but not fast enough, making Zuko restless. Sozin's Comet is a few days away, and he still has a long way to go if he wanted to stand a chance against the Fire Lord.

"More ferocious! Imagine striking through your opponent's heart!"

He continued demonstrating fire fists, jab after jab sending waves of fire towards an unseen enemy. "I'm trying!"

"Now let me hear you roar like a tigerdillo!"

Aang twisted in place; extending his arms and breathing out, he released an arm's length breath of fire. But it was still lacking.

Zuko crossed his arms over his chest. "That sounded pathetic! I said ROAR!"

He repeated the action, this time forcefully shouting from the bottom of his gut. The second time was successful enough, but it took a lot of energy from him. Satisfied, Zuko nodded his approval.

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?"

Perking up instantly, Aang half-ran towards Katara, only to be stopped by Zuko grabbing onto his clothes. "Hey! Your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!"

"Come on, Zuko! Just take a break!" Suki said as she took a sip of her own juice with Sokka. "What's the big deal?"

He growled in frustration and let go of Aang. "Fine! If you want to lounge around all day like a bunch of snail-sloths, then go ahead!"

"Maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around all day has made us lazy." Sokka straightened up after leaning against the stone steps of the villa's front yard. "But I know just the thing to change that." Standing up, he stripped down to his shorts and shouted, "BEACH PARTY!"