Chapter 14: Lost and Found

They decided to settle near a small river village in the Western Earth Kingdom. After setting up straw mats and letting the tired ostrich-horse they had taken from Song's family rest, Iroh took his straw hat off and asked for spare change from passersby.

"Spare coins for weary travelers?" He put out his hat at a merchant who doled out two copper coins. Iroh thanked the man with a bow of his head.

"This is humiliating!" Zuko growled, keeping his head low out of shame, letting his own hat cover his face. "We're royalty. These people should be giving us whatever we want!"

"They will, if you ask nicely." His uncle pointed out and he resumed his work. "Spare change for a hungry old man?"

The woman smiled, "Aw... Here you go..." She set a silver piece into the hat.

"The coin is appreciated, but not as much as your smile." Iroh, tested out his charms once again. Back in the day, he was quite notorious among the women of the Fire Nation. Daughters of noblemen and entertainers alike fight to be in his company. The woman giggled as she walked away, charmed by the man's line.

"How about some entertainment in exchange for a gold piece?" A man approached them swaggering and pulled out a lone, shiny golden coin.

Zuko looked up at the man with a scowl. "We're not performers."

"Not professional anyway!" Iroh quickly corrected his nephew and stood up.

It's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se!

But the girls in the city,

They look so pretty!

"Come on, we're talking a gold piece here! Let's see some action!" The man complained and pulled out his dual broadswords. "Dance!" He started swiping the swords at Iroh's feet, but was taken aback by his agility in avoiding them.

And they kiss so sweet,

That you really have to meet,

The girls from Ba Sing Se!

The thug laughed maniacally. "Nothing like a fat man dancing for his dinner! Here you go!" He tossed the gold piece into Iroh's hat and walked away.

"Such a kind man..." Iroh mused, smiling at his spoils.

But his nephew looked at the retreating man's back with anger and frustration. He had dealt him, a prince of the Fire Nation, and his uncle, a former general and the Dragon of the West, such humiliation. In his mind, he started to plot sweet revenge.

 In his mind, he started to plot sweet revenge