Chapter 48: In Memory

Try listening to "Appasionata" by Bae Bo Ram during the first performance.  :)

-TheGreatestConWoman-

They headed back in for the second act, the part where the Avatar has to find his earthbending teacher

They headed back in for the second act, the part where the Avatar has to find his earthbending teacher. Strap into cables and harnesses, the actress "flew" around the stage to look for the teacher. Toph stood up in anticipation for her role, listening intently to the play. "Here it comes!"

"You can't find an earthbending master in the sky!" A tall and buff actor emerged from beneath the stage and lifted the rock props with ease. "You have to look underground!" Everybody laughed seeing the actor in her clothes. Toph leaned in, shocked to hear the voice. "My name's Toph, because it sounds like tough, and that's just what I am!"

Not fully believing what she was hearing, she cleared out her ear. "Wait a minute... I sound like... a guy! A really buff guy!"

"Well, Toph, what you hear up there is the truth, it hurts doesn't it?"

Like the unpredictable girl that she is, Toph grinned. "Are you kidding me?! I wouldn't have cast it any other way!" She laughed. "At least it's not a flying bald lady!"

Aang glared in her general direction, feeling even more frustrated that she couldn't actually see him glare.

The second act showed more of what happened in the Earth Kingdom: Iroh and Zuko's separation, their confrontation with Azula, the drill in the outer wall of Ba Sing Se, Jet's brainwashing, and eventually, Katara and Zuko's incarceration in the Crystal Catacombs.

"I have to admit, Prince Zuko! I really find you attractive!" The actress portraying Katara moved towards the actor of Zuko. "I mean it! I've had eyes on you ever since the day you first captured me."

Chiyo giggled beside the real Zuko. "Did this really happen?"

"It didn't, I swear!"

The actor on the stage stood up. "Wait! I thought you were the Avatar's girl?"

"The Avatar?!" The actress laughed haughtily. "He's like a little brother to me! I certainly don't think of him in a romantic way!"

As they hugged on stage, Aang stood up from his seat to leave. "You're getting up?" Sokka raised a questioning brow. "Can you get me some fire flakes? And some fire gummies?"

The scene was changed to a confrontation between Azula and Iroh, and Zuko having to choose sides. "Well, my brother, what's it going to be? Your nation, or a life of treachery?"

The actor of Zuko pushed away his uncle and returned with his sister. "I hate you uncle! You smell, and I hate you for all time!"

Chiyo felt the hand resting on her arm tense. She looked up at Zuko and saw his downcast look. "You didn't really say that, did you?"